Synergy or other similar programs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lumiens, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lumiens Augur

I had recently picked up a second computer so I could box a bit on Agnarr. The program I've been trying to use is Synergy that lets me use the same mouse and same keyboard to control both computers (you mouse between the two monitors to activate the keyboard for each computer). I'm having two pretty annoying issues with Synergy though and was wondering if anyone here uses the program and knows how to fix it or if they use a different similar program that they can suggest.

With Synergy on the second computer, even if I turn the X and Y look all the way down to zero in the mouse settings the mouse look speed still is still about 5 times more senestive than I would like it to be making it fairly annoying to try to control (no keyboard turning here, always use mouse look and strafe keybinds).

Also with Synergy I'll sometimes have issues where my mouse will bug out and my character will keep auto-running and the only way to fix it is to completely log out of the game and restart the EQ client. This bug seems to happen frequently on raids when my one of my characters gets feared, after the LD running from the fear they keep running and I have to relog in the middle of a raid. I've tried changing to a differnt brand of mouse (tried 3 or 4 differnt ones on multiple differnt computers) and still have the issue so it seems to me to be a problem with how Synergy interacts with EQ.

Anyone able to suggest how to either help fix any of these problems with Synergy or just suggest a different keyboard/mouse sharing software to use instead possibly that they don't have any issues with?
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

You're not going to want to use mouse look with Synergy. I don't know if similar programs are better but it's definitely a problem.

I've never seen anything like that nor does it make sense that Synergy would cause that. Next raid, turn off Synergy and see what results you get.
  3. Liquidmorphh New Member

Multiplicity will solve all your issues. It is a bit more expensive though but 100% worth it because of 2 things I can't do with Synergy:
    - Use hotkey to tab into another computer while zoning. Synergy waits until character zones for some reason and is locked until then.
    - The mouselook issue you described is non-existent with Multiplicity. If in game mouse settings are same between PCs, then it will behave the same when using Multiplicity but not Synergy.
  4. Nuttmeg Augur

ONE ENTIRE COMPUTER PER ACCOUNT! This is not that hard! If you are running two accounts on Agnarr...

Only one mouse? BAN
    Only one keyboard? BAN
    ANY hardware or software that allows you to use the same input or view the same output on one device: BAN.

/reported for cheating
  5. Finchy Augur

calm down there bud. What he is using is completely ok. If anything you need a timeout from posting. sheesh
  6. Finchy Augur

When I was using these types of programs, i noticed the same issues with synergy. multiplicity was def. better even though it costs money.

Issues I noticed with synergy:

1. Mouse sensitivity was way off, and no matter how much you adjust it, it wouldn't correct it.
    2. If you didn't have a mouse plugged into the computer when launching EQ the scroll wheel to go 3rd person would not work.
    3. if you use mouse look and extended past 1 screen it would auto lock your toon to keep moving in the direction it was previously.

These issues were fixed with multiplicity for me. Hope it helps and gl :)
  7. Nuttmeg Augur

Wrong. True box means one f****** entire box per account. That INCLUDES mouse and keyboard.

/reported for deliberately condoning cheat methods
  8. Finchy Augur

oh really? Please provide proof.
  9. Roxxlyy Augur

Unfortunately, using 3rd party software to play multiple accounts on Agnarr is not allowed.

From the Agnarr FAQ:

"A True Box Progression Server is a place where players are only allowed to play one EverQuest account at a time on their computer.

Doing any of the following on Agnarr may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
    • Using 3rd party software.
    • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters."
    Reiker99, Janakin, Risiko and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.