Swarming [Warrior]

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Brosa, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Brosa Augur

I have never been a master or maybe even have ever known the detailed ways to swarm as a warrior as I have just boxed my way through life in EQ. I have been looking at our newer abilities and wonder how warrior across EQ have been faring these days swarming. Was wondering if any of you can give me a run down on the abilities you use and when you hit them.
    I have had fair success using NTTB, Furious disc, rage of the forsaken, determined reprisal, barbed tongue, vehement, 2nd spire, rage of ralos, Offensive disc (when furious drops). Along with other fast refresh abilities like field guardian, commanding voice, shield topple and war stomp. I have been using 2H setup with 2H proficiency.
    When I pull around 20 lb in VoA I can plow through them ok but when I get close to 30 they plow through NTTB and me pretty quick.
    How have you all faired?
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Look at what happened to SK's... You dont want to be able.to swarm
    Ishkur, guado and Mary Poppins like this.
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

This.

I recently rolled a war to fill a need, put in the time to get him leveled, geared, and a decent amount of aa's. I am very happy with the results so far (WAY better than my old tank merc), especially after the recent spells and aa's we got the other week. I'd rather not see this flushed down the toilet.

I'm not saying we need to hide anything... I'm saying we got some good things recently that helps us within the role we are supposed to fulfill, so why even TRY to take that and do something we KNOW the devs don't want any class to do. It's just asking for problems.
  4. Brosa Augur

Good point. But 20 lb mobs isn't anywhere close to what swarming classes can do.
  5. Filter Augur

I used to "swarm" as a war years ago in Vald. They were all light blue and I had my box cleric healing me.... soooo ya wars don't "swarm". Never have, never will. The closest thing we used to be able to was shakeraging.
  6. Zurd Lorekeeper

I don't need to swarm (though I wish we had better PBAOE weapons just for fun and faction). What I would like is a bit more sustained DPS without having to be a finger gymnast so I could solo or at least Molo at higher levels and not feel like I was utterly wasting time.

But swarming? no thanks.