Swarm Kiting, Vainglorious Shout (2x), Denon's Desperate Dirge

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Jhinx, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

All of the above are means for us to contribute DPS against more than one mob and to be able to solo, and it is in that realm that I would like to see a compensatory boost*.

Perhaps upping a bard's DPS might be in order, either through spells or melee.

* Should there be no chance to bring back Dirge and Shout to their previous levels of effectiveness/usefulness.
    Jennre likes this.
  2. Derd Augur

Who in the wide wide world of sports used either of those for pulling tools?
    Jyve likes this.
  3. Funky Augur

hate to say it but i dont really see that happening.... because the nerf does not effect single target dps... it just hurts AE dps if more than 6 targets...

most people do not even consider a bard a dps class... we bring a ton of adps/utility tho..

as far as soloing goes... the nerf sucks and now your can't mass pull solo... but you can still run around kiting with dots or charm kiting.
  4. Jyve Augur

Think it might have been that it wasn't being used to debuff/damage a few mobs in regular content, but going to old zones, pulling the entire zone, making the servers a bit laggy for others, and farming with zero risk. The med time to regen probably not an issue when you've cleared an entire zone and are waiting for repops anyway.

This has been done a few times in the past, an ability that causes the servers to be wobbly for others tend to be fixed/nerfed/removed fairly quick.
  5. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

All of the imploring has not seemed to bear much in the way of fruit Devs, would it be possible to reverse the additional Endurance cost of Vainglorious Shout or provide a means of gaining Endurance back at a faster rate (Respite Disc?)?
  6. Bobokin Augur

This wasn't a balancing issue or lag issue. I didn't see any overpowered Bards taking down zones.

Sometimes I think the devs just play mages and will nerf anything else that moves.