Swamp of No Hope just got some hope in the test patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Febb Augur

Explain to us how they made the "worst thing" even more worse?
  2. Numzan Augur

gratz on waking the sleeper before its time.
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

They were assuming that the various spawn locations would be anywhere in the entire zone. With that assumption, it would very much be a situation where special maps would be an extreme advantage to finding the key piece, especially in the very beginning when the multiple spawn locations would not be known. Another poster had mentioned they went on test and they saw that it looked like an ice crystal (makes sense) but that it was pretty much in the same area as the original location.
    It seems they just moved it around slightly...to the point where a person solely using an autoclicker would never really have a chance, because they would have to move to where the actual location was.

Odds are, instead of multiple people staring at the same spot and the various hijinx that go along with it, you'll have those people running around in circles like a kid with adhd when the spawn timer is due, hoping they will be able to get to it first.

I remember my guildleader on Agnarr commenting that the ground spawns were "the most exciting gameplay" in Kunark. It's even more true now!
  4. taliefer Augur

it sounds like they made it so it has the same spawn timer, but can spawn within a set area near its current spawn point. it doesnt really make the quest any better, but it IS a slight imrpovement over the current situation where you just set an auto clicker and afk. now you have to actually look around! dynamic gameplay!

cause its the internet: the above is slight sarcasm because this part of the VP quest is still going to be horrible, but this change does seem to be an improvement of the current situation
  5. Machentoo Augur

It is still a thing, and it is widely used on Truebox servers.
  6. That0neguy Augur

Incorrect it most definitely can be used on tlp. What you are talking about is some custom adoption of the source code that limits it.
  7. Febb Augur

So instead of one static spawn point, now there are multiple static spawn points. I don't see how this is a bad thing. Yes, there are people who will cheat to find the spawn points, that won't last long as people will post those locations to everyone and then you'll see smaller crowds of people around each spot. However now there is a greater chance of people getting those key parts.
  8. Machentoo Augur

"custom adoption" that 99% of the users have been using for the last 5 years--there really hasn't been another option unless you are a fairly competent software developer and have some hours to kill after every patch. Very few on the truebox servers have the skill or time to develop their own version. I think I've run into less than five people actually running it since I've played on Phinigel. Most that appear to be are just using some clever autoclickers/autofires and/or ShowEQ.
  9. That0neguy Augur

And that makes what I said any less true how? I wouldn't even say you need to be a competent dev. Just need to understand the basics.
  10. Numzan Augur

Really how would you know? RI still using it?
  11. Febb Augur

Found another spawn location for the Swamp of No Hope Piece of Medallion at /loc -640, +3035, -16 right next to the water.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

If the spawn timer was changed to 30 minutes literally wed never have to see another vp bag quest thread.
  13. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I need things to read at work, change it to 6 hours.
  14. Febb Augur

I've done the VP key 3 times now on The Combine, Fippy and Phinny with no auto clicker either so I'm speaking from experience. Providing more spawn points means more people are going to get their keys done in a shorter amount of time which means it will clear out even more people camping these ground spawns. Just because you don't get your pieces right away using an auto clicker doesn't mean this change isn't a step in the right direction.
  15. taliefer Augur

They didn't provide more spawns, just the same medallion can spawn in a few different spots instead of the one static spot.the number of medallion pieces didn't increase
  16. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I ran thru Swamp yesterday on phinny, and the bag was just sitting there. No one was even in zone. Seems like not a problem.
    HappyPanda and Bobbybick like this.
  17. Febb Augur

No one has proved yet that it can't spawn in all of the locations simultaneously.
  18. Febb Augur

I'll take that as a no, you haven't proved it yet.
  19. taliefer Augur

It's in this thread. People have logged on to test, there's one medallion piece that spawns in different locations
  20. Spayce Augur

You are literally the only person too dense to understand this.

Are you doing it intentionally?