Sustainable trio with Bard main?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TwixiChants, Jul 18, 2022.

1. TwixiChants New Member

Hey all, I am looking to establish a trio to do content on Vaniki when it allows to use 3 in a couple weeks. I currently main a bard. I am looking to add a tank type with most likely a Druid for heals/buffs/dps/travel. I was wondering if people have experience with tank/bard/dru? I was thinking SK/Pally but with our level being lower and not having access to AAs/spells til later I'm not sure which one will be best for me. I could entertain a BST/RNG tank too but I would only have group gear for them and again the lack of AAs for them may be a problem. Thanks for the input.
  2. vylo Augur

You would likely want a shaman over a druid. The slow and ADPS are invaluable.

Warrior/bard/shaman is the start of a very strong group, and one I've seen in some very powerful box setups.

Travel, once PoP drops (which it already has here), because almost a non-issue, especially with a bard in the group.

If you are hellbent on a druid, You would likely need to use an SK to help sustain yourself, since bard slows are quite weak.
  3. LeetKronolord Journeyman

If the druid is only for travel purpose forget about it especially with a bard and PoP unlocked. SK/Sham or War/Cleric are the basic tank/healer combo of any box. In your case I think SK/Sham are better for dps reasons.
  4. Mrjon3s Augur

Knights are always good then shaman. Also paladins can stun 10 lvls higher on vaniki so if it’s stunnable chances are you can chain stun it. Only problem is low dps.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Bard, Mage, Cleric/Shaman. Swap priest to a 2nd mage when mercs come out.
  6. TLP Addict Augur

Beastlord, Druid, Bard.

You will have access to pet affinity aa and TSS pets which I hear from others who played pet classes on TLPs past TSS are quite tanky, and Bsts can slow.

Plus Bard for pulls and cc, Druid for Heals, stackable DS and ports.
    Krizem likes this.
  7. Krizem Augur

This could work pretty well, you get both HP buffs (beast focus/druid skin), + druid reptile later on.

Also, later on you get the teleport bind-- so that druid can bind in lots of nice places for quick access. I used mine to bind right next to the zone in for Lichen Creep in UF and in the middle of Morrell's castle in HoT for instance...real handy to get your toons around quick.
  8. Nessirfiti Augur

I like SK/Bard/Shaman, A little low DPS wise, but It should be pretty stable if you're careful.
  9. TwixiChants New Member

Problem I see with these is that some of the good skills or abilities that make a class solid are locked behind AAs for which we get the expansion for but not the levels. Like the TSS pet AAs are mentioned but when will BST on Vaniki be the level to use them. I wanted to be able to do some content in Planes/GoD/OoW when the 60 update drops. The BST/Pally/SK wont be raid geared so I'm still torn.