suspended while actively playing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by withStupid, Jun 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Since you can get in there -

Go to Membership Info (second button)
    In the middle, Next to the grey button that says "edit membership plan" it says "Cancel membership"
    It does not look like you can click it since it's not greyed out but you can.

At the top of that same page you will also see when your next billing date is.

You have mentioned in other posts that you have other accounts. You need to check in those accounts and see which credit card you are using.

You can also file a petition thru those other accounts and reference that the issue is on this account.

EDIT and I found this recent post on another EQ forum
    I petitioned, told them I couldn't register my phone number and their web app was broken. They unlocked it within 15 minutes.

But if you allow them to keep charging you and you have not taken the steps to stop it then the problem is on you, not them.

So no more complaints, the above is how to fix it
  2. Tremeroy New Member

Might have been true under old management. New management and their "anti cheat" suspension waves lock people out of account management and continue to bill them. I had an annual renewal + perks charged on an account while it was (correctly, at the time I was using third party software for super track, automated traveling, and "improved mercs". I no longer do) suspended earlier this year.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

NM this whole thing between this OP and the other one with the similar issue is not worth the effort anymore.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Any GM to suspend a 120 actively playing for missing a /say should really stand up, and order pizza to take a break :p

For the record, I am saying that I WILL miss a /say during battle :)
    Doucha likes this.
  5. lungbubble New Member

I've heard of people being afk checked after an hour of gameplay, doesn't matter.
  6. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

They should use the old GM time out box, summon you there and see how you react. If the character stands there or runs into a wall or something = AFK or Bot. If the person starts looking around confused = player
    Janakin and Nennius like this.
  7. Crathsor New Member

The same one we see around April Fool's Day. Saw it once from falling through the world. GM arrived asking how did I get there.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The point of the secret question is to make sure you are the original account-creator of the account(in theory only the creator knows the secret question/answer, and only the creator is the rightful owner). For all they know, you could have stolen the account from someone else(yes, that happens sometimes). The fact that you pay for the account now, is not proof of ownership.

Sometimes accounts gets flagged and they need the secret question to verify ownership. I imagine you can get flagged if the account was suddenly accessed from a very different IP-address(it was hacked from a different country, or you accessed it while on vacation) or something.

It is a standard procedure in a lot of MMO's afaik.

It is usually not a problem as long as you can remember the secret question/answer. If you can't remember it, then you need to convince Daybreak in some other way.

If you just want to stop paying, then you can arrange that through your bank.
    Nennius and code-zero like this.
  9. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

You left your name on the log near the bottom of page 1. Doesn't matter though, if you're quitting.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. zleski Augur

Having petitioned four botters last week (not OP. I don't play on their server) and stuck around for the GM(s) popping in for their investigation I'm fairly confident there's more which is not being shared by OP. That doesn't mean I think they're guilty (I wasn't there ‍♀️), but I've seen GMs take action that would absolutely take the notice of the subject(s) of their investigation.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

When doves cry!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Laronk Augur

I watch youtube while mashing buttons in game sometimes, I could totally miss a say as well.
    Fenthen and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  13. Wijimoto Journeyman

I use an audio trigger set to "AFK check" - it's never gone off outside of raids, but I imagine it would if a GM ever stood near enough to /say that to me. So, OP, set up a trigger, when it goes off, stop pulling and respond. That is, if you are at the keyboard.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

They can also tell if your time between keys is robotic.
  15. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.