Suspended "cheating", not sure why, please help

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PotatoPower, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chauliodus New Member

I'm in the same situation, did not petition, only PM'd, letting it run its course, but then what? our previously clean accounts are tainted because of this going forward? likely to happen again in a week if we resume playing as normal? there is a lot of unknowns that only cause people anxiety to think about and question.

I've been quiet on the forums and trying to stay cool about it, but the anxiety really just eats through that and is bad for the body and mind lol... EQ helps to relax and focus on, well... it did lol.

It seems like it happened to people who played Miragul the first week and had the VM crap installed? Even single account users? I did not see specifically anyone who was not on Miragul that week mention it happened to them? Could be wrong, just looking for anything that makes sense, heh.
    PotatoPower likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

3. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

So I was apparently meant to be contacted by support by 7pm today according to Dreamweaver. Haven't been contacted. Still suspended.
  4. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Bottom line is something somewhere has set off a red flag that caused the suspension. I want to make this clear. I am not trying to troll here. There is 2 sides to the story as in all cases. Something set off a flag to the automated system. Suspensions were handed out. Showing hostility towards anyone at DBG is going to make it worse on you and not bother them in the least. Me personally have had something similar happen a few years ago. I got a BANNED message when i tried to log in. I was ready to yell and complain at every gm i could. It took a week to get it resolved. I was sucessful at having a BAN reversed. Very few people would be so lucky. All i did was run a different type of internet browser to look something up while i had my account was logged in. The browser had nothing to do with video games. Was not a third party tool to violate the rules. It had a built in vpn that set off a major red flag at DBG. When the gm finally got back to me. He asked me a few questions and based on my awnsers I was unbanned and recived credit for the 7 days game time i lost. Moral of the story. PATIENCE! I know it sucks. But going off the handle is going to be bad for you. Just hang in there.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and CatsPaws like this.
  5. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

The full week has been served, Daybreak Games. Missed a week of DKP. Can we not have any inexplicable delays in unsuspending the falsely flagged accounts. I feel the players ought to also have some clarification on whether having programs run in concurrence to the game, but not actually with the game, will continue to result in accounts being actioned.
  6. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

I am deeply reassured by your heartwarming story. How lovely that you were banned for using a browser. What a great example to highlight how reliable the detection methods are.

1. If it won't bother them, no harm done. 2. I'm not being hostile. If I was being hostile I'd be making all sorts of threats and using cuss words and personal attacks, which I am not doing. I'm being rather frank perhaps, more honest than those who made the mistake would like, sure, but above all, bewildered at how this has been handled, and concerned that they are killing their own game. It's kind of a "your fly is undone" philosophy. I'm helping the guy when I point out his fly is undone. Others say, "don't say that to him, you will hurt his feelings or annoy him". I assume DBG are running their business from the standard premise of wanting to keep customers and attract more customers. Maybe they have a different, unprecedented market strategy, in which case what they are doing is genius and I applaud them.

If DBG had handed out suspensions falsely, I think they are better off learning that this has happened and rectifying it for the good of the game. I know a bunch of people are walking away due to this. They haven't announced it on the forums necessarily (although a few did). Luckily I am pretty addicted to EQ, but even I am getting pretty close to the limit of my tolerance to a point where I am going to have to think about other options, unless clarity of the rules is presented and I can be assured my account will be restored to full good standing.

If they are concerned I will crow about it on the forums and use it against them and say "see I was right" to the trolls, they are wrong. You will not see me on these forums again, ever, after today. I'll either be in game trying to forget this happened, or in some other game doing same. The people who post here are mentally ill and not the people I want to talk to. And besides, it's not the place to go to for help, that much has been proven very well. Why am I here at all? Good question. I'd rather be playing Everquest with my main account. But then something happened which made that impossible. Let me think... what was it again... oh yeah. False suspension. Which is still in effect right as I type this.
  7. zerker01 New Member

i woke up to 5 out of 8 of my accounts suspened for 7 days for cheating also no idea why i had all 8 accounts online 5 offline not the other 3 makes no sense? any gm can fix this for me?
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

I would recommend submitting a support ticket and being patient. This is the *player* support forum so it's very possible the GM's won't see your post.
  9. Chauliodus New Member

Yup same situation here still, my accounts have been unlocked for a week but I've quit playing because this issue was never resolved, and the stress and anxiety it caused isn't worth it.

I was never told if it would be safe to play with the program I had forgotten about uninstalled. Instead they kept doubling down on saying I played on a virtual machine and telling me not to. This when I only had one character I was playing and leveling on the server, and no reason to use a stupid virtual machine for anything at all.

Thats one less player who would be playing on Miragul still if not for this, one that played the game pretty much daily for the last 7 years since I made my accounts when EQ got me back after it went free to play in 2012.

Good job making players afraid to log in because they did nothing wrong and have no idea if this kind of thing will happen again out of nowhere and have us lose our accounts for good over some false pick up or out of spite for the players arguing against the false accusations.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well best thing you can do is what you are doing and not play. No one needs stress so it's probably for the best.

I don't think they are as adamant on the Live servers but I haven't run a VM for anything in years. So live servers may be an option. Otherwise all the best.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

One of my accounts is suspended for ' toxic behavior' and I have no idea what I have done. The list of 'toxic behavior' is quite large. I don't know what one thing I have done in this list.
    No cheating, vm's nothing like that. I have mentioned in 3+ petitions now what toxic behavior have I done.
    I am worried that they can just suspend you and say ' toxic behavior ' it is not fair. I am not requesting who claims I did toxic behavior, I am asking WHAT toxic behavior I did.

I am protecting my account from any mistakes that may be happening.
    I am worried about me protecting my account from them. At least you got a reply , The say ' you used a VM Machine'.. when you had one in your pc but 'didn't use it' they do scan systems to see if you have anything like that in your pc.. so I understand.
    BUT, I have a thread out asking what 3rd program is allowed to be used when playing EQ and again, not one answer from EQ's team on that topic. So how can you know if your 'downloaded' VM is allowed to be on your PC or not, How do you know you did wrong with no proof. I don't get my question answered on what 'toxic behavior' I did, You don't get to know what programs are allowed to be in your system or used during playing EQ.

What is going on with this supoort?
    20 years and never been suspended.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

A PM to Dreamweaver might bring results.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hmmm....

Well, there is one idea you had.
    Yara_AB likes this.
  14. Yara_AB Augur

Just like Nennius suggested:
    Instead of pulling up a thread from about half a year ago (with a completely different topic), you might be getting better assistance from CS if you asked them via the /petition system.

None of us here will know what caused the suspension.
    If for whatever reason you cannot get any information and/or help via /petition, I can see it being reasonable to check with Dreamweaver via PM.

And maybe stick to one thread trying to get help if you want to deal with it here on the forums (although CS will never tell you in a public form like "you did this or that and this led to ...".

At this point we have at least:
    - This current thread
    - This thread
    - This one
    - and maybe more

This could even lead to actions taken here on the forums. So I would rather stick to one topic.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. dreamweaver Community Manager

I am going to lock this thread since it's a necro and the original players issue was solved privately.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.