Suspended "cheating", not sure why, please help

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PotatoPower, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

Hello, I just got a 7-day ban for "cheating".

I have no idea what I did wrong, I use no hacking programs. I two-box using two different PCs and steam streaming - is that not allowed? How do I know this suspension isn't the result of the RMT bot crew who were mad at me the other day for being in a zone they regard as their own personal property? (They made various threats to grief me because I got a mob they had apparently wanted, although they were nowhere near that camp... would Daybreak suspend a player based on the word of other players, or one angry player petitioning from several accounts?)

Is this because I have logged into former guildie's accounts in the past? They may have used hacking programs on their own computers, I have no idea. Would my IP get flagged for something they did, just because I logged onto their account several months ago from my own PC?

Basically I have every desire to comply with the terms of service but have no idea why I'm even suspended. Have never once used any cheat programs on any PC game, in fact I have contempt for people who do, and frankly wouldn't even know how to hack. Appreciate any advice on what to do, I have submitted a support ticket from an alternate account but not heard anything back.
  2. alkaborz New Member

apparently lots ppl in same case today ...

i was playing peacefull yesterday no cheat, my toon warrior on main comp and one other on laptop near
    my warrior's acct is suspended, not my cleric on laptop ... go figure.
    i had no argument with anyone in the game, i grouped and did progression in HoT and thats it :(
    i cant login today , i am very sad :(((
    PotatoPower likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It could be a mistake (which has happened in the past) especially as so many players got banned. Some of them are blaming having a VM on their computer but no one knows for sure.

I would petition and ask for clarification and request it be lifted. Can't hurt but you would need to make a free account to do that prob.
  4. Fire_Wiz New Member

I'm sorry officer, I didn't know I couldn't do that.
  5. NotACheater New Member

Same. I don't even play multiple toons. Just 1 toon at a time on one laptop. Haven't griefed anyone. Apparently 15-20 in our guild caught the same ban and noone is boxing. We suspect it is due to VMWare on our laptops. You know - the one installed with the Win10 OS? Yeah I didn't even know it was there. Pretty sad Daybreak. I'm not going to petition. I'm going to cancel sub. RIP EQ.
    Shanarias and PotatoPower like this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Interesting theory. But in that case anyone running windows 10 should have been snagged for running VM ware.
  7. NotACheater New Member

@Warpeace agree. Just don't get it.
  8. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

Poor analogy. An officer will tell you why you're being arrested. He won't just send an email saying "Broke the law" and not even let you know what you supposedly did wrong.
  9. Fire_Wiz New Member

You play with fire, you get burned?
  10. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

Can you maybe attempt to be witty elsewhere? I'd like for this mysterious ban wave issue to be addressed, you might not care about others being falsely accused of cheating but I'd like to think someone out there does, preferably a Daybreak employee.
    Mukkul likes this.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Maybe join the thread in the TLP section.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Honestly they don't care and will tell you 100% they know for a fact you did it, take the 7 days and never do it again.
  13. Fire_Wiz New Member

I'm done posting here. A week's delay on your krono mining, innocent MMORPG-exploitation endeavor won't hurt you too much.

I hope Remdag handles your ticket personally. He's such a sweetie!
  14. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

The GM replied and told me it was for using virtual box programs. I don't use such programs. Two PCs set up side by side. Smh. Sent him a photo of my two PCs side by side. I hope sanity prevails on this one, guys. You made a mistake. Please undo these suspensions.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You know you admitted to breaking the TOS in the OP?
    xmPradah, Ghubuk and Dythan like this.
  16. xmPradah Not a dude

I know this isn't why he was suspended, but I noticed it as well.
    You aren't supposed to share account info and/or login to accounts that you are not the owner of.
  17. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

I don't mind admitting to something I did. Months ago, unaware I was breaking the TOS, I logged into a guildie's account (with their permission, in fact at their suggestion). But that's not why I was suspended. I was suspended for something I did NOT do and have never done. I sent them a photo of my two desktops set up side by side. Bought the 2nd PC solely to use for everquest for this purpose, ie to be in line with the TOS as I understood them.

You guys on the other thread who are trolling people, I really hope the day comes when you are accused falsely of something and punished for something you did not do. When you are in a position of having to prove a negative, and knowing that even if you do or could, it would not matter to the authority handing out punishments.
    Dyna and Bardy McFly like this.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Neat story mate. It just so happens that the last time DBG did a ban wave i know someone who was suspended who didn't use VMs but they did account share with someone who did.

It's also not the part i was referring too.
  19. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

I don't really know or care about your opinion on this. I know the truth, I did not use a VM. There was apparently one installed on the machine, I never used it. There has been a mistake. If I can get hit with a suspension for no reason and have no right of appeal, it can happen to you or anyone else. If that ever happens to you, here's hoping you don't get a gang of trolls eager to crap on you even further like has happened on this forum.
    xmPradah likes this.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You said "I just got a 7-day ban for "cheating"."
    You assume that is for VM being on your machine
    You however stated openly in your OP that you use something else against truebox rules

Doing any of the following on Mangler may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
    • Using 3rd party software.
    • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.
    Any 3rd party software that allows you to play multiple toons with a single mouse and keyboard is against the truebox rules.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.