Suspend Tribute & Merc timers too?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chandon, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Chandon New Member

I was wondering if you all would consider suspending Tribute and even Mercenary payment timers while a player is in a "rest" non-combat zones like the Guild hall, PoK, Guild Lobby, etc.

I bring this up because after raiding last night I landed in the guild hall, then in the desire to find my real-life pillow I promptly forgot to log out of the game with Tribute still running. Fast forward about 9 hours and this little mistake cost me about 250k in tribute !! Since we already suspend other things like buff timers, I figured this is a logical and reasonable request.

Thank you ;)
    Corwyhn Lionheart and xcitng like this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

I like this idea. Make it work similar to powersources that only drain while in combat.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Make it so that you don't consume food while afk, too. :)
  4. Moege Augur

I figure this is an attempt to deny my bazaar mule her rightful earnings.

Powersources should also drain while out of combat.

I find your attempt to deny my mule a living wage undesirable. Next time check for cockroaches in the sandwich you buy or don't eat.

Yeah I sell a ton of tribute every day, I like the setup as it is currently :cool:
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

With the September 17, 2014 patch, you may toggle an option to automatically turn off [spending] tribute when you are not logged in. This is a nice picture:
    http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Tribute

Although I think they removed the auto off on the merc that is shown also.
  6. Coagagin Guild house cat

Pausing tribute usage in non-combat zones would be ideal save for the efforts of Moege's tribute vendor, Moeg's tribute farmer in Reef of Corimiv and Moege's buyer, of course.

I think we have all been there where after a long night of raiding and someone signs off with "don't forget to turn off tribute..." Only to be followed up with a half a dozen: "Oh thanks for reminding me..!" comments.

Been there, done that. Guild hall and PoK could certainly stand this as an improvement.

- Coag
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Bring up mercenary. Set them to Passive. Leave them on passive for about 30 minutes. Get the following message:

[Mon Sep 03 17:26:01 2018] Your mercenary waived an upkeep cost of 259 plat, and 1 gold or 1 Bayle Mark and your mercenary upkeep cost timer has been reset to 15 minutes.

I believe this works in any zone.
    Vexana_Lanys and Gundolin like this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

For more detail:

January 20, 2009 patch notes:
    Note that I believe that zoning is not necessary to engage this, although I can't test it now.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You are correct Fanra - everyone in lobby puts mercs on passive - you will get charged the first 15 minute increment but none after that so long as it stays on passive. And it will stay on passive even when zoning.

This works great because now the merc is all ready to rez you when you die from forgetting to put it back on active after being on passive :D and head into that mob of mobs.
    Sagarmatha, Fanra and Metanis like this.
  10. Darcewin Journeyman

Ugh I hate paying the sponge every 15 minutes. they were implemented because at one point people couldn't play because there was a shortage of people to group with... that was years ago. I think the whole merc tapping the pockets and the fees need to be re-evaluated seriously why tap our pockets if we cant find a group????
  11. Sagarmatha Augur

I think all items should be free and XP should be X100 because I prefer to play alone or I'm antisocial as long as I claim, "I can't find a group."
  12. Gnomeland Augur

The main issue with mercenaries these days is how weak they are, not whether they cost you money.
  13. Conq Augur

Merc's are The Devil.
    Conq
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It's spelled Debil not Devil. :)