Surprise Patch Tomorrow & XP Improvements

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 10, 2015.

1. guado Augur

2. Inagaki Elder

I am at lvl 102. This is comparing killing the same mobs and doing the same quests at lvl 100 and at lvl 102 in Pre-CoF zones without any exp modifier on.

Killing Mobs:
    at lvl 100 = 100% exp, at lvl 102 before the patch = 48%, at lvl 102 after the patch = 86.5%
    Hot Zone quests:
    at lvl 100 = 100%, at lvl 102 before the patch = 48%, at lvl 102 after the patch = 86.5%
    Non-Hot Zone quests:
    at lvl 100 = 100%, at lvl 102 before the patch = 48%, at lvl 102 after the patch = 48%

Factoring in lvl decay, I believe killing mob exp and Hot Zone quest exp are totally reverted back to normal. While non-Hot Zone quests have not been changed at all.
    beryon likes this.
  3. McDougal Augur

As someone who got caught up in the fubar years ago where they put a beta merchant on live by 'mistake' I wonder too. They certainly can run scripts to ID items apparently. This seems to be a much more blatant exploit then that since anyone who bought certain items off that merchant was found and punished, whether they knew what they bought was for or not.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

I agree. I hope that they do something to punish those that used the exploit as you could in no way "accidently" do it.
    Wonder how many "hacked" characters were ones that took advantage of this exploit?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. smash Augur

I have to agree here, there is def something wrong.

Prior to emergency patch, I got around 25 aa Into the hills with Gribble, as a daily one.
    Here I got 4 + 16. No lotd/xp potion running.
  6. Gialana Augur

Are you guys using mercenaries? Since they're now supposed to be getting more experience in HAs, I wonder if they're taking your experience but maybe weren't before the patch. Otherwise, it sounds like it's broken.
  7. Derd Augur

That sounds about right, if your example is stated correctly 25 aa ish as a daily, 20ish as a normal. They did not increase the xp on mobs in ha's and if you had hit lesson on your test example today you would have got 4 plus 32 if you'd waited till completion, its not going to really affect mob xp. My recommendation for anyone that cant finish two tasks before lesson runs out would be, do a task then zone into a static zone and kill for the remainder of lesson for maxiumum xp.

Also remember they've stated before they try to achieve a balance between time spent and aa earned per mission. 30 aa for a completion sounds ridiculously high to me, so it they lowered some of the max's it wouldn't be out of line at all.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. rune00 Augur

to those of you calling for "punishment" for "exploiting" and "I was punished" years ago when eq still had like 100k+ players, please just shut up, you are just going to ruin the game longterm.

There are servers now with like 11 people in general chat, if half of them used this bug (so called "exploit"), and you ban them, well there are 5 people left, you really want to drain whats left of paying customers, cause of a bug the devs themselves introduced?

Just move on, we don't need any more banwaves, if anything we need more bugs to draw some old players back in, reverse swarming nerf and all other nerfs that has made the game so boring that people quit cause they cant play the way they enjoyed, unban (pardon) old offenders.

If anything we need reverse banwaves...
  9. Warpeace Augur

Ban their toon and transfer it to FV where they sell it off as punishment.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

Why would we want to keep the half that are so willing to exploit?
    moogs likes this.
  11. smash Augur

So because of a bug, we should allow that, exploit ?
    Will have to say no.
  12. rune00 Augur

well,eventually you will sit in general chat and say "no" to yourself then, I rather have a server running with 400 paying people willing to "exploit" if they happen to find some shortcut to make them continue paying for subs/sc/kronos, than have a server with 1 player left on it, and eventually server shutdown.
  13. smash Augur

then can have a server merge.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Lol
  15. Weverley Augur

I have yet to see a server with 11 person from which 5 are exploiter. God forbid we have 1 like that, i would tell Daybreak just to close the server.
  16. Kinyenya Lorekeeper

How about fixing the zone in issue for Degmar castle. thats a major issue this is minor update.
  17. Kumudil Journeyman

I am sure that neither yesterday nor today any daily Task was involved.
    I zone in via GH-Portal right in front of questgiver and don't like to run to whole zone forth and back to check, if this task might be one of the dailies.

I admit ist only 33% less XP than it has been yesterday, my error.
    Still for me it doesn't look like an XP-Improvement.
  18. GandialfTrib New Member

Geez, all I read was negativity and rude behavior in as much as I could read...Everquest kicks ALL other mmorpgs arses in my opinion....and way to knock them for throwing in XP BONUSES we had no idea were coming...shouldn't this be celebrated..? I'm friggin pumped about it!

LIGHTEN UP...go play WoW if you want everything handed to you on a silver platter
    Mayfaire and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I never saw that disclosed in a post.. Where did it get disclosed?
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

30 aa seems like a lot for a cotf HA. You said you did it twice and got 30 so it wasnt a daily. I dont remember what this HA was like when I did it since it was a while ago. Is it extremely hard?