Surprise Patch Tomorrow & XP Improvements

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Finkelle New Member

so many whiners on this post. Theyre improving stuff that you bitched and moaned about before and youre gonna CONTINUE to complain? just be happy theyre stilll even MAKING content and enjoy the game......
  2. guado Augur

All the player base wants is the lockouts and xp changes reverted completely. That's why the whining is happening. Because they've conditioned a play style, and forcibly removed people from it.
    Ishtass likes this.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

Yep!
    Take away someone's pencil.
    Use it for a couple months and sharpen it down to 1/2 - then give it back and tell them to "just be happy".
    I've got a bridge I want to sell you.....
    -R
    Ishtass likes this.
  4. Garshok Augur

It's interesting seeing how cities are organized in countries with low literacy rates. My experience is that you'll have 1-2 blocks where everyone sells cookware and utensils . . . several blocks where all the businesses sell construction supplies . . . another area where it is all tires and other car parts, etc, etc. So it's easy for someone to come in from the countryside (or wherever) and get directions to that 'neighborhood' and haggle with multiple vendors selling what they need. None of this going to one place for cooking gas then running across town to get new valves for the stove and heading to a third place to get pie tins and whatnot.

The old way was at least functional. The way it is now makes no sense.

[Not to mention that one could often find interesting things on all of the different vendors, even if vendor diving isn't as much of an art as in, say, 2001-2002. But yes, please - do as Guado says, make this thing at least a bit more organized!]
  5. guado Augur

Totally agree. Few years back I took a trip to Spain, and it included a day trip to Morocco. Literally just like you said, there were several different market places, each with their own "specialty." Clothing, Food, etc, each in their own separate areas.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. code-zero Augur

I think the objective of the XP nerfs was to encourage people to go ahead and get the TDS expansion so that they won't continue bottom feeding in RoF content. I'm sub casual in my play times lately but I've not been into RoF since well before the release of TDS personally.
  7. Garshok Augur

If you were/are level 100 and below, the nerfs don't apply. Nor can one level above level 100 without buying TDS.

So . . . how were xp nerfs that don't apply to level 100 toons supposed to 'encourage people [with level 100 toons] to go ahead and get the TDS expansion so that they won't continue bottom feeding in RoF content'?
    Meanwhile, doing Gribbles or other HAs over and over is OK, and SOE/DBG will even increase the exp reward for them - but T3/T4 ROF is 'bottom feeding'? If exp in COTF had been nerfed as well in ROF, then at least the position on 'bottom feeding' would have been consistent. I still wouldn't have agreed with it, but it would have been consistent.

Instead, this whole thing has been a dog's breakfast. The recent exp change undoes some of the damage, but with all the fix to fix the fix that fixed the original fix . . . . They should have just put a lock-out on HAs (whether at the start or the end of the mission) and been done with it.
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

That would have been way too simple. :D
    They also shout have timed the placement of the HA lockout solution a few weeks before or after the release of TDS.
    Associating any kind of nerf, penalty, "negative" change, or any other kind of "unpleasantness" with the launch of a new product (that you would like people to buy!) is just wrong from the most fundamental of marketing SOP's.
    That concept isn't from "Marketing 101" - It's more like "Marketing Pre-School".
    I mean, even the people riding the "Marketing Short Bus" know that much at least. (sigh)
    -Rat
    Lisandra likes this.