Suprise Silver to Gold till 4th of Jan

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kirkisx, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

SoE apparently gave everyone gold status to silver account till the 4th plus a 24 slot bag with 4 exp potion in it my ? is what do I get for already being Gold?
  2. Jmac Elder

Well I had planned on spending some SC while the character/race and other various unlocks were all on sale for one of my silver accounts, but now I can't since my account has been upgraded to gold for a few weeks and now will have to pay full price for all of the unlocks I wanted to get since the sales are over in a few days. Whats the point of having that stuff on sale when I can't purchase it now? The gold account is a very nice gesture but kinda screwed me on the unlock sales.
  3. Leerah Augur

Thank you for this. I intend to use shared bank for some serious re-arranging of junk mules for as long as it lasts. Related question to the above one: If I have 9/6 character slots used, what will the fraction look like after I buy more character slots?

Lee of Povar
  4. Liliana Augur

Interesting, a few of my box silver accounts are still just silver, but some are gold. Random
  5. Leerah Augur

I'm still checking. So far 1/2 is gold. Oooh I just thought of something. Can use the old gold mercs now! Sweet! I never re-bought silver ones. I just stopped playing them.
  6. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

seems you have to have voa or higher to have gold my accounts that dont have voa arent gold
  7. Arwyn-RoV Augur

I wouldn't depend on any of these "bonus" features until SOE comes out and says it is indeed a gift. It would be a shame to be transferring stuff in shared bank slots and the patch that "fixes" this feature comes along and hoses you. Its not like things like this haven't happened before.
  8. Liliana Augur

Sometimes they do these things in waves too, we'll have to wait for some kind of official word i guess
  9. Sophia Lorekeeper

...and here I just paid to upgrade my third account from Silver to Gold two days ago! ah, well...
  10. Booger Elder

read the fine print its not avalible to everyone

Terms & Conditions
    *This offer and the period of free Gold Membership expire on January 3rd, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST. Welcome Pack Bundle must be claimed in-game by January 3, 2013. This offer is available to former EQ Gold Members that were active and paid for at least one billing cycle between May 21, 2009 and October 31st, 2012, and whose accounts were in good standing when their memberships expired. This offer is also made available to Free and Silver players who have not logged in for the past 60 days. Offer is not available for current EQ Gold and SOE All Access members.

Sony Online Entertainment does not ensure continuous or error-free access, use or availability of any game content, feature, game-play or server and may change, modify, disable, suspend or remove any such content, feature, game-play or server at their sole discretion.
  11. Leerah Augur

Hmmm will have to dig out the history. I have one which is still listed as silver and I know I paid for a month at some point in time. Thanks for this.
  12. Leerah Augur

All right. That account was never gold, so that's correct.

While I was on the phone with Sean in CS, I told him about silver people not being able to buy races or classes ATM. I told him the easiest fix would be to extend that sale past Jan. 4th. For you, call them and see if you can get temporarly downgraded to silver long enough to make your purchase.
  13. Braveheart Augur

So current gold subs get nothing? Everyone else gets a bag/xp pots?
  14. Liliana Augur

not everyone, majority of my old silvers got nothing as well because ive logged them in recently. But yes, gold subs get nothing, tho it sounds like its the same bag that gold subs got before, ivory or golden traveler's packs
  15. wingz-83 Augur

Ya basically. Only us morons still pay to play this game I guess.
    Vouivre likes this.
  16. Leerah Augur

Oh come on! This is a community. A rising tide lifts all boats. Because it's more fun to play over the holidays, you'll have more people to talk to and group with. Stop being grinches. The little kids deserve presents more than big kids.

*.Lee of Povar
  17. Pirlo Augur

But I like being a Grinch!
    /puts coal and nerf ideas in everyone's stocking
    Muhaha
  18. Leerah Augur

just bought 5 "bags of coal" today at the candy store so I can have licorice flavor without the gluten! /em shares some.
  19. Tegila Augur

i think its nice that they giving gold subs but sucks that theyve not givien a single gift to gold subs yet for xmas and everythign ot silvers. i konw you guys need more help, but we're the ones paying for the game and have for a decade or more
    Vouivre likes this.
  20. Leerah Augur

Just FYI, 4 gold accounts, 4 silvers. Been paying non-stop since 2002. We got sales on backpacks, milk and cookies, other junk.

Here's some candy and a hug! Happy Solstice!