Sunday Funday - Noon EST / 9am PST (Phinigel)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by yerm, Mar 1, 2016.

1. yerm Augur

So, given the nature of forum threads, I figured I would just go ahead with this:

Every Sunday at noon we, the community of Phinigel, can meet up and spawn a bunch of new picks. This is open to anyone and everyone. There are no rules and no requirements - just show up, participate, and do try to enjoy yourself.

TL;DR / FAQ at the end.

For Funday the 6th the plan currently is as follows:

[IMG]

We will meet in TT, on the hopes that welfare Seb key drops entice people out, there's something to do while you wait, and we can easily loop people in at sonh next door in case latecomers or afks need to catch up after we roll out. Here we spawn cycle picks and pained soul opportunities and move on.

The second zone is Kaesora, done early because otherwise people would probably skip it. We spawn a bunch of xalgoz and ground spawn chances and roll south. Note - if the masses demand it we can include CoM on the way.

Third is SoNH, which has another ground spawn, and is on the way to the one forumites whine the most about. It's also a handy place to catch up if you came late or were afk and in TT, just take the cave over.

Fourth is FV for AJ. I put this in the middle because I expect people to trickle in and trickle out, so hopefully the worst camp is when we have the most zerglings - in the middle of the trip.

Fifth is LOIO for BM and Chancellor. At this point - working on the assumption that DL/KC will naturally spawn picks due to Gore and being a major xp spot - I believe we covered the major key bottlenecks of HS and VP.

6th is FM. 7th is Droga. These are spawned because there will probably be a big demand to camp idol and cos, but unlike zones with dragons they're unlikely to spawn picks without artificial prompting. It also helps for the 2nd faction turn in (and factioning in general) even if Drusella can't pop in picks for the final part.

8th, last planned spot, is burning woods. Nice xp spot, but limited space, and therefore liable to be overcrowded. Forcing a pick here should open up some handy leveling room. Hopefully the zone doesn't move...

After BW it's mob consensus. We can be done, we can split off, we can zerg into Chardok or Skyfire or something... whatever.

TL;DR - FAQ:

Can I reserve...?

NO. Nothing. Not ground spawns, not kills, not drops, not anything at all. If you are grouped or raiding and it drops, click need, and don't join a leader you don't trust. I am not the DBG police and refuse to be. If you want a ground spawn etc get there first or enjoy the extra picks while you wait for it.

Are we doing anything besides spawning picks?

Formally no, practically speaking... probably. Bring goods to sell, whine about your rival guild, roleplay, cyber, spam recruit, or argue politics. It's your Funday.

What happens if nobody shows up?

Nothing happens. We continue playing everquest without extra picks.

Are you going to be there?

Who cares. Go without me if I'm not.

Will I be rewarded for attending?

No.

Is it ok to come late, or leave early, or...?

Yes.

Is there a level requirement?

No, but come at your own risk.

What are the rules?

Daybreak's rules and try not to suck. Nothing more.
    Finley likes this.
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I will try to be there for this and will post this on the BW boards.
    Finley likes this.
  3. Tinytinker Augur

Rather than take the stance, "I'm not going to be the Daybreak police, don't join a group you don't trust," I think it would be good to have a few basic rules. I've participated in some very casual, fun events, and in no way did laying down some general rules take away from the fun.
  4. yerm Augur

For a pickup raid (eg my jailor raids on combine) I would agree. In fact if this were a smaller scale event in general I would still agree. Because I am hoping for literal hundreds of people, to the point that I don't see the point UNLESS there are 3 digit people involved, that's just not tenable. I cannot make sure that hundreds of people in guilds full of rivalries and hostilities play nice together, nor can I police each pick to ensure that a fair distribution of chancellors and vp medals go out. I could try... but firmly believe doing so would just cause more harm than good.

If AOS shows up with a hundred people but has a couple dozen more instead already waiting at ground spawn locations to /pick and grab them first, not only is this fine but I'm also thankful for the hundred that came! This entire endeavor hinges on the idea that spawned picks are extra, above and beyond what was available, and nothing that comes from them is entitled to anyone by specific design - even if your guild gets zero bloodgill marauders, if there are 4 more loio picks than before this started you can more easily get one next time, or the time after...
  5. ElaidaTL Augur

Yerm are are still and will continue to be my fav poster of all time for the foreseeable future.
  6. Ishtarrak Journeyman

I will try to be there just for this:
  7. Silentchaos Augur

The best line is the one about welfare seb keys.
  8. timecop New Member

Bump. I will be there.
  9. yerm Augur

Be in TT in the next hour. It'll be fetch!
  10. yerm Augur

Does not appear to be interest. Cancelling this.
  11. Tinytinker Augur

Sorry. I would have liked to come out to help, but the times conflicted with church activities. =/
  12. Ducreux Augur

RIP, was a nice idea but not enough people read these forums.
  13. yerm Augur

Kinda needs guilds to participate over individuals. Maybe next month.
  14. Kiani Augur

Maybe you can find guild websites and post on there to invite them next time. It's a really nice idea. :)