Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Oct 24, 2020.

1. kizant Augur

There were applications for it a year ago or so. I don't think there's a list but all the blue names in discord are players they accepted.
  2. Koshk Augur

Interesting. I self-banned from discord, so don't know what happens in there anymore.

Given that new players wouldn't have the slightest clue about the CRC, or history behind them, might be nice if someone(s) official occasionally mentions that the CRC still exists. Previously met on such-and-such date. Or discussed such-and-such things. Reading Accendo's old posts from last year doesn't really provide much insight into the CRC.
  3. kizant Augur

It's mainly been for devs to get feedback on things when they ask for it. Maybe it's changing some now but I don't get the impression it was ever as grand a thing as you might imagine. I was included recently but most my feedback still just goes to the AA and spell devs via PM on the forum like I've done for years.

I personally agree that there should be more communication between members and everyone on the forums but that's not really required as far as I can tell. For example, if there's a thread of 20 pages and no devs have replied it would at least be nice if someone from CRC responded and at least said that they tried bringing it up too via discord/forums or whatever other means they have so everyone knows it wasn't completely ignored. I at least would do that for Wizard issues I know a lot about.
    Koshk, Rijacki and Barton like this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Yup pretty much as it was in the late aughts when I was on the council and when my former boyfriend was on a similar council for SWG.

A few reasons why there is no requirement to "expose" yourself as being on the council or to otherwise interact with the forums in that way:
    1) There are forum posters and lurkers who would go out of their way to harass those on the council as dev proxies and even dox them, probably not on the official forums but there are other forums related to the game that Daybreak doesn't own. (and yes, both have happened)
    2) There are council members who could assume they have some sort of authority or superiority over other players (or the devs) and presume to exhibit that non-existant authority/superiority. (yes, it's happened, too, sadly)
    3) Each player on the council has to sign an NDA due to getting some advanced notice of stuff. Council members can also be hounded to break the NDA to spill the beans on things. Sometimes there are things that don't get released for specific reasons even though the council has been told of their potential development and feedback solicited.
    4) Some things are not revealed to the council or their feedback is not solicited. There are players, sadly, who would still blame council members for not speaking up about/against something over which they have zero control.
    and so on.
    CatsPaws, CrazyLarth and Koshk like this.
  5. Iven Antonius Bayle

You have been April fooled ! :D
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pretty sure that by the time you posted it on Sunday it was no longer April 1st in any part of the world, not to mention the defense of it happened well after the 1st.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Iven Antonius Bayle

April 1st would be to obvious . ;)
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sounds like you just realized it was a bad idea and now you are trying to cover your tracks and make it look like a joke.
    CatsPaws and Rijacki like this.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

April Fool's jokes happen on.... april 1st /nod.
  10. Iven Antonius Bayle

The AFK prank was also a bad idea, because you got fooled there too. :cool:
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

By posting bad suggestions and calling it a prank after you get called out on it being bad? That seems like a bad idea in a thread you created for suggestions as it has the possibility of getting the entire thing treated as not serious.
  12. Iven Antonius Bayle

It was supposed to be an april prank right from the start. Would be definetly better to create an extra thread for that. Maybe a suggestion forum is going to happen sometime which would make things easier.

Btw, who is the grumpy old man behind Waring_McMarrin ? You do remind me to Absor, but he seems to have more humor than you.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It would also help to actually do it on the 1st.
  14. Alarya Augur

Put a search feature on the various keyrings, and allow access to pull items from the TS depot at any TS hub!
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 - this happens to us all even when we are not on the council. :eek:
    #2 - this happens too us all even when we are not on the council.
    #3 - I can see this happening but why bother? stuff will be stuff and advanced notice just give players more time to grief over it.
    #4 - I don't blame them for anything. Because we don't know what they do, if anything:D
    Rijacki likes this.
  16. Iven Antonius Bayle

How would you define a TS hub ?
    • Specific NPCs ?
    • Non-mobile container NPCs like a forge ?
    • A specific area inside a zone ?
    • A whole tradeskill zone like PoK and Abysmal Sea ?
  17. Alarya Augur

example: a loom
  18. PCSS Stroke gimped original '99 E'ci player ;)

How about simply adjusting the grouping level restrictions? You might even find taking youngsters under wing creates excitement in both ends. Kind of like why some join guilds early. Anyway I believe it would get more groups. Remember EQ requires a lot of knowledge, remember our noob times (very unhappy/trying times). I'm quite sure I'd have long ago (04/99, always been gold). Have never had a max-level Char, got close twice Lol.
    Think it over, easy to setup, low/no cost to try.
  19. Iven Antonius Bayle

59. Prestige gear: Unlocked for FTP at the cost of nerfed foci bonuses

In a recent forum discussion many players do agree that Prestige gear is a bad mechanism but that AllAccess accounts should retain a power boost. The problem is that returning players that had AllAccess accounts and those that do went FTP often do end up without access to equipment because their PCs are equipped, more or less completely, with Prestige gear and not everyone has hoarded a replacement set for a free player account.

So I have an idea: What about if prestige gear does not get added in future expansions and that everyone could use prestige gear and that instead FTP accounts won't be affected by some focus effects or being limited by a cap ? It would make things simplier and saving dev time for developing prestige gear and might even reduce lag.

Foci that could be excluded or limited (capped) on FTP accounts:
    • Increase Spell Damage (DoT + DD)
    • Increase Healing
    • Ferocity (Double Attack)
    • Cleave (Critical Hit chance)
    • Improved Dodge
    • Sharpshooting
  20. Iven Antonius Bayle

60. Plane of Crafting

Because of zone lag in PoK on well populated servers, all the tradeskill stuff, or just the tradeskill NPCs, could be moved to a second tier of PoK with a direct zone connection that is called Plane of Crafting. It could be just a zone copy or a smaller variant of PoK without the library and the good and evil areas.
    Flatchy likes this.