Suggestions to make Thornblade more popular.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Angelus, May 14, 2021.

1. Insanoflex New Member

I like it.
  2. Elabone Augur

Server 1 would have the higher population, everyone knows numbers are better than letters
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

LOL how about naming them Mischief and Mischeif since w/o autocorrect about half the people spell it wrong anyways =P
  4. Machen New Member

As an added bonus, this would let guilds weed out the idiots who can't pick the right one.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Xhieron Elder

Another thinly veiled attempt to argue against truebox. If I had a krono for every one of these...

The only thing Thornblade needs to make it more popular is the confidence of the community. In the next week or so guilds will finalize making decisions about servers, and that ought to boost the faith of people who are still hesitant to take a risk on a server that might prove to have a weak economy. Hopefully the guilds are on a somewhat even split, and the problem will take care of itself. I'm sure more than one guild leader has had the thought of being the guild on a server once the rush dies off, so hopefully the posturing works in favor of those of us who just want to play without unbearable queues.
  6. Bardy McFly Augur

With FV and random drop ruleset, neither will have a weak economy. They will end up pretty even.

I predict there will be toxic elite on both servers. Certain quest drops from the past will remain griefing points since random loot for critical quest drops would make all quests virtually not worth trying to do outside of krono trade. And if DPG does implement that, eff the blatant money grab.
  7. Kahna Augur

This didn't happen when Aradune and Rizlona opened. Aradune still had a horrible queue, what makes you think another boxing server would have enough draw to pull off the True boxing server enough to reduce queues? Also, Mangler was more popular than Selos so short unlocks and faster raid respawns aren't a huge draw either. History says you are wrong.

Finally, who makes a new account for a new TLP? Unless you managed to get the old one banned for some reason, or sold it, no one does that.
  8. Angelus New Member

As to your first point the other things listed would be the draw and definitely would reduce the numbers on Mischief. Second I've never been banned for any reason and know for a fact that most of the guilds I've been in do exactly as mentioned for a new server. Mostly to stock up on bags. But hey, go ahead and question my character...it is 2021 after all so why not.
  9. SunDrake Augur

This is incorrect. Perhaps you don't do that, but I'd wager most players who have thought it through don't reuse old accounts for new TLP characters. There is literally zero reason to stack multiple characters on an account used for TLPs. Only possible reason I could see using an existing account would be if it was a lifetime sub, and that'd save you a whopping 1kr per month.
  10. brickz Augur

lmao get real. the only reason people put their characters on new accounts is so they can sell them if they decide to quit the server early. by using a junk email and paying with krono instead of a credit card it makes for a smoother sale
  11. SunDrake Augur

Well, you just pointed out at least one good reason, but its far from the only reason. With AoCs its an account lock-out, so 'alts' don't really matter at all. You place one character per account so that each character can be useful to your guild. You can dump them to recoup some cash if you feel that you need to, you can give them away when you quit, or you can just let them sit there and collect dust. A lot of people don't want their 'real' legacy EQ accounts attached to TLP. Do you think most players want their main accounts locked to them while they sit in Commonlands waiting on raids on True Box servers?
  12. Kahna Augur

You would be wrong, most people don't sell their accounts when they are done with a TLP. Most folks really do just re-use the old accounts. Because the only reason to not re-use the old accounts is if you wanted to sell them. Most TLP players don't care about "locking their legacy accounts" because most TLP players only play on one TLP at a time and aren't "locking" it from anything else they care to be doing. Now, I don't stack my alts all on one account, they are on 3-6 accounts, but those same 3-6 accounts are used every TLP, same for every other person I know, except for the shady few who like to gear up a toon then sell it then beg the guild to re level and gear them a new toon.

Of course, if you are they type of person who makes a habit of selling your accounts you probably spend most of your time hanging out with folks who do the same and think it is normal. It's not.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

I struggle to believe "most" TLP players are actually just Live players slumming it, there is some overlap but I'd venture the amount of players who actively play both is small.