Suggestions to make Thornblade more popular.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Angelus, May 14, 2021.

1. Angelus New Member

I know it's been said that it's supposed to merge into Mischief at some point but humor me for a minute...

1) Increase the xp rate. Selo just hit live recently. Now there is no TLP left with this dynamic.
    2) 1 month unlocks for no level increase expansion and 2 for level increase expansion. With the increased xp rate there should be no problem keeping up with aa's with an extra month for level increase expansions vs what Selo had.
    3) Allow unlimited boxing. This happens anyway at some point in a TLP's lifetime even if it starts as true box.
    4) Faster raid unlocks just like Selo. *sorry I forgot this one*

I would venture to guess that this server would be more popular than Mischief. The ball is in your court.
    Chainsaw_Massacre likes this.
  2. Slipp New Member

Then it doesn't become an overflow server and it defeats the purpose of why they're having a second server. It becomes another Aradune / Rizlona. And also you can't merge if you have completely different conditions.
    code-zero, Bardy McFly and Niskin like this.
  3. Angelus New Member

Obviously that wouldn't happen in this scenario.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Anything that makes these 2 servers no longer indentical is a mistake at this point. You can argue that your changes would make *A* server better, but the point of 2 at once was to reduce queues and allow everyone in who wants to play. Making 1 different then the other only fuels the rage when they can't log into the one that has their "perfect ruleset".

As for point 3, that is not true. There are a few bot armies who do what they want on truebox servers but up until the point it hits Live and becomes a normal server no Truebox TLP has dropped truebox and allowed unlimited boxing (though a number of us have asked for it to happen DoDH ish era).
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Angelus New Member

None have officially dropped it. However when a rule is no longer enforced... And to the point of not being able to log on to their preferred ruleset I would say there would be enough on both servers to that a queue would be minimal.
  6. Mattling Elder

Thornblade won't have population issues.

There are more than enough people who are sick of playing on the server with big, toxic guilds that will roll there.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Looks like you're a new account, maybe you've been lurking a while I don't know but I've been on these boards for a few TLP launch cycles now and you are grossly underestimating the amount of rage people have when they can't immediately log into the 1 and only 1 server they've decided is the only reason they've paid $15/month to come back to. Just wait, even with 2 identical servers the pessimist in me expects this board to blow up with pages of angry posts during launch week/month.
    Skuz and Kylo Classic like this.
  8. Angelus New Member

I've been here for almost every TLP launch. It's almost like people make new accounts to roll on new TLP's.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

So you know what I'm talking about then.
  10. Slipp New Member

There's a difference between guilds that are toxic and those that are competitive. People always misunderstand this.

And there's never been a time where population matters as much as it will on this loot ruleset. A more populated server benefits way more from this ruleset.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

12. Gnomie Denser than most

Yeah but lets be real, there are your competitive guilds; true...but every new TLP has one or two ultra toxic guilds who drop a big smelly burrito dump on the server.
  13. taliefer Augur

Thornblade is as attractive as mischief already. its the exact same ruleset, wtih plenty of notice to give the players time to spread themselves out between the two servers. If that doesnt happen and everyone still piles into mishcief, noone to blame but ourselves
    Skuz and Niskin like this.
  14. Kylo Classic Augur

So you want a different server. No.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  15. Kylo Classic Augur

But it would, that's why it's the first thing that was pointed out.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

My life is worse for having read this.
    code-zero, Skuz and Kywen like this.
  17. Jmitch Lorekeeper

While I agree they should do something to make Thornblade a little more enticing, you're just asking for an entirely different server. If they did something like 10% bonus exp for the first week after launch only for Thornblade I think that would go a long way to having a healthy split in server populations.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Gemini Syringes Augur

Here's an idea. Randomly name one of the two servers 1 and the other A. People still choose to play on the server they want with all of their friends, but have no idea which is which. Once the servers have been active for X amount of time, unveil the names. I bet this splits the population more evenly.
  19. Lamberduim Elder

What are you crazy? Sounds like something the God of mischief would do.
  20. Chainsaw_Massacre New Member

Actually this is genius. Darkpaw always dumps their good ideas. Take a page from Path of Exile and incorporate good things that worked into your new server ideas. Sure they have with a few things but most things get tossed. Cheers OP.