Suggestions on Dual box team

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jeyna, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Jeyna New Member

Looking on starting back up on live servers, not sure which server yet any suggestions for that would be helpful also, but looking for a dual box team that would be able to level up pretty efficiently (with needs of course) from 1 all the way to max, not planning on doing heroic characters or anything. Any feedback would be great
  2. Tucoh Augur

Without knowing what you want or what classes you like, here are the current top duo pairs in modern content in my opinion and in no particular order

sk/ber
    sk/mag
    sk/enc
    sk/dru
    sk/brd
    sk/sha
    war/sha
    war/brd

These aren't the only decent combinations, but they are what I'd recommend void of any other info. They all will produce enough tanking to do most of the content and will provide good to great DPS while having some utility. The core of my team is a war/brd and that's probably what I'd go with if I had to choose a duo (unless I wnated to try out an sk, in which case I'd do sk/enc probably).

All of top duos are going to have a plate tank (pal/war/sk) in them. Any other combinations that are good on paper (ex: bst/ber, mag/enc) are going to have issues with versatility against multiple mobs that plate tanks will just handle.

pal/nec has potential to be pretty good, but I don't have enough experience to recommend it.

That there are six options for sk and only two for warrior isn't because SK is better or anything, but because the war only shines with melee ADPS from brd/sha.

Of those combos, sk/ber is the only one that would be hard to do without something like inner space boxer to keep casting / using abilities on two characters constantly.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Mag + any kind of utility (enchanter, for example) works great. Pet Cheese is still pretty strong overall in the group game. And much less gear/AA intensive than doing a tank.
  4. Jeyna New Member

Any suggestions on servers? Not really sure what servers are still populated with people now that TLPs are popular
  5. Tucoh Augur

I don't know about other servers, but Bristlebane has an active population and quite a few decent guilds. It also has a casual raiding force with Ring of Valor that lets anyone join and is doing quite well.

I leveled in the newbie zone (crescent reach) and there were enough people there that I had to move around the zone to avoid interfering with anyone else.
  6. Mintalie Augur

Mage + chanter all day, every day.
  7. bigpapa Augur

I would suggest firiona vie server , not only there is a permanent 50% xp bonus , but 99% of the items there are tradable...

I got my rading toon in rathe and started to have my bags full .
    so I used many items for tributes , but some augments ( and items ) couldn t be turned for tribute so I had to delete them, what a waste , in FV I could have get several millions plats selling all what I had to delete.

mage + chanter is pretty good , ... think about playing 3 toons if you can afford it , having 3 mercs as well get you a much stronger boxing crew, and it is not that bad to play 3 , once used to it.

and can plant a firecamp with 3 toons close each others..
  8. Jeyna New Member

What would be a good trio if I decided to play 3, never really thought about a trio box before
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Mage + Chanter grows stale, unfortunately :). but it is good fun, and can take you all the way, as long as you cut yourself of from a lot of the game ;-)

Whatever you take: ABAB - Always Bring A Bard as a 3rd toon. Even a F2P /melody bard will rock :). Punting does not really get old...
  10. Tucoh Augur

With a trio your options explode. Any top-tier trio for general purpose usage has a plate tank, a puller (enc, brd, sk, rng etc) and a tracker (dru, rng, brd). If you really wanted to roll without a tracker you have even more options, but I think tracking is essential for a good team.

Good options include:
    sk/enc/dru
    sk/dru/wiz
    sk/dru/mag
    sk/brd/ber
    sk/brd/mag

war/brd/ber
    war/brd/sha
    war/brd/bst
  11. bigpapa Augur

mage + chanter are pretty strong , adding a druid , on a burn you get inllusion of grandeur from chanter and druid group black wolf .and both got an aura to add some more damage on all spell you cast * and stack *.

you got all your need there, easy to pull with a mage in group ( with COH ) , * if needed * chanter got some kind of ae mez , and you can pull with snare , ect , and got track as well, and druid heals if needed,,plus ports, and slow from chanter.
    Mintalie likes this.
  12. Mintalie Augur

^^^ My third IS a druid, although she is not playing at the moment. I found the trio to be unstoppable, for the following reasons:

* Mage + chanter is already strong because of 1) mage pet tank, 2) chanter CC and slow, 3) mage DPS, 4) chanter ADPS (including those sweet, sweet auras)
    * Druid can track
    * Druid can heal
    * Druid can DPS
    * Druid can port
    * Druid has ADPS aura + more
    * Druid gives you a third merc option
    * Mage + chanter + druid + 3 mercs = full group
    * Mage + chanter + druid = campfires! (to be fair, any three classes can fit these two requirements :p )

Admittedly, adding a third account onto one computer isn't the easiest to manage. Alt-tab for two boxing is like second nature to me at this point, but that third one makes things trickier. However, it's super easy to make very effective macros for each toon. Since the mage and chanter are my two older toons and easiest for me to manage, typically I'll just drag the druid along, cast a heal or nuke or whatever occasionally, and make sure her aura stays up. In most content, two healer mercs are more than sufficient for my play style (in which I do not ever heal my pet, sorry), so the third merc can be a wizzy. Watch stuff go boom fast.

I'm sure there are other awesome trios out there. I just happen to prefer being a mage with an amazing chanterbot and sometimes a druid for funzies.