Suggestions for Raid Window improvements

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chalkstix, May 12, 2019.

1. Chalkstix Journeyman

While I definitely love having the raid window in Everquest rather than not having it, I still believe there's room for improvements.

- Promote Raid Officer (I'm not sure if this would require coding that simply isn't possible in the game, but it would often be nice if more than 1 person could swap people around in groups)
    - Bigger ungrouped player window. (This part of the Raid Window is very small and I for one have not found a way to stretch it. It shows maybe 4 or 5 players, and in a raid where you have to swap around 72 people, there's a lot of scrolling up and down)
    - Raid Group Indicator (it would be nice if there was a raid group indicator somewhere on your group window or on your character name/health/mana window. Not super important, but would certainly make some things easier)
    - Import/Export raid setup. (Either a way to export/import a setup with certain people or with certain classes. It's just much easier to get the raid going if most of the players are in their correct groups to begin with)
    - Show raiders on map. (Not super important either, but it would be nice with a button that would toggle other raidmembers that aren't just your group on the map. To make things easier for people, they could be another color than groupmembers on the map)
  2. Arraden Augur

Import / export raid set-up, or an auto set-up function would be AMAZING.

The time taking to move groups around for different raid set-up can sometimes take longer than loot.
    foxster likes this.
  3. Chalkstix Journeyman

In addition, and as an extension of the "Invite All to Raid" button in the guild management window (which I think is super handy by the way), it would be extremely lovely with an "Invite All Except Alts" button or an "Invite Rank X" button. It's a small quality of life feature, but would also make my life as raid organizer easier :D
  4. Allayna Augur

If you click the lil “alt” box on people in your guild, then the hide alts button...then invite all, voila.

I too would love an export/import or saved set like spell sets or ETW sets or hotbutton sets, function.

I would also like a fix to whatever slows down the raid tool the more you lock and unlock it. It got so bugged last week that we couldn’t add anyone to group 3 or 4, both were empty groups and we ended up dropping everyone and reinviting.

On that note, a disband raid button would be glorious.
  5. Chalkstix Journeyman

I actually thought the "Invite All" button would still invite everybody, whether or not you had alts shown. Thanks for this :D

We also had the issue where it was simply impossible to put people in certain groups, and we also had to disband the raid and re-form it. A fix would of course be nice, but a "disband raid" button would definitely also be nice. I know there's a /kickp ex command to remove all players from an expedition, not sure about raids
  6. smash Augur

Think #3 + 5, would be lag causing, you would then have to send a lot more data to each character in the raid, all the time.
    #4 Would be a nice addition
  7. Zunnoab Augur

The ungrouped element can be customized by UIs. Mine is on the right side of the window and quite large.

I'd be surprised if that would cause much lag. #3 is probably already known client side too.

Now my pie in the sky dream of showing the entire raid's HP etc. like EQ2 does? That would probably be lag.
  8. smash Augur

About hps and such i do not see a reason since will cause lag and a person looking at it is not doing his/her job, and should be booted from raid.
  9. Chalkstix Journeyman

I personally don't think there should be an UI showing the hp/mana of the entire raid. One of the joys I find about Everquest is communication, and I like that you "need" somewhat balanced groups in a raid for group heals, etc.

What I would like to add on the wishlist, however, is:
    - A Ready Check Button (This could be extremely useful to see who's afk in a raid with 72 people where you don't really have the time to check everybody.)
    - More voice-action commands (I love the voice commands, I think they're great. There should be more of them. I forgot which ones I really wanted, but maybe a "Get ready" or "Mana Check" or "Assist Me". Not super important, but would be a nice quality of life feature)
    - Kick Raidmembers not on expedition // Kick Expedition members not on raid (I know there's a /compareexp command to see who's on the raid but not on the expedition and vice versa, but still have to manually find these people and kick them. There might even already be a kick command, I just don't know it)
    - Make Main Tank (I love that I can designate a main assist (I'm not sure why I can designate multiple main assists and who it then assists though) but it would also be nice with a feature to designate main tanks, and perhaps even with a small number so you can see the tank order) In extension of this, it would also be nice with a "Designate puller" command but not super important.
    - Swap groupmember (this could be a "/swap <x> <y>" where x and y are the names of the people you want to swap. I know this exists for expeditions, but I don't think it exists for swapping people in raid groups)
    - More /rmark's (love this feature, makes it so much easier to tell people what to target when you need a specific kill order or mezz order, etc. Right now it's possible to mark 1-3, which is lovely, but often not enough. I believe 8 would be enough)
  10. Foliax Journeyman

Deep cut - I, too remember that TV show. But I think a full 12 raid marks would be best.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Remove the need to lock and unlock, its nauseating.
    Axxius, Allayna and Maedhros like this.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

would love an easy way to make some one a group leader.
  13. Allayna Augur

Assign them to a group first. If you want to remove group leader, target them and click "no group".
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

How about just less bugs...
  15. Eyezing Lorekeeper

Without a doubt the raid window can improve. I get the no group section not being adjustable is something we can adjust on our UI side which would be very useful instead of stuffing people into group 11 and 12 to make space.

Issues I've experienced with the window have mostly been some sort of lag with the window even if I'm not lagging in other aspects of the game (chat, spells, etc.). When it happens, it's long enough to tempt you to either try to move a person repeatedly or try moving someone else. Occasionally I remove myself from raid.

I do like the suggestion from warpeace about removing the lock/unlock toggle... Maybe I don't understand why it's necessary, but it does make mid-event raid functions more.. cumbersome.

Not expecting the world, but anything to improve the window would be greatly appreciated.
    Allayna likes this.
  16. Allayna Augur

Honestly, being able to save a raid setup and not having to lock and unlock the raid tool.....those two alone would make my job 99% easier.

Or allow raid invites while locked...nothing like trying to re-arrange groups for TBL balancefest and constantly unlocking to raidinvite someone for loot.
  17. Aldryn Another New Member

Having "sets" for the raid that you can load/save/edit/delete (i.e., spell sets) would be kind of neat. Something to the tune of [mass invite] > [load set] > [groups are automatically arranged according to the chosen set] would be interesting and probably save some time.

I think I've been most interested in:

• A Bench System. Having the ability to invite everyone and then separate them into two groups of [[this is your 54-man combo that will be assigned a DZ upon request]] and [[these are your benched players whom will still be exported to the .txt file when you click the "Dump" button but will not prevent requesting a DZ when there are >=55 players in the raid]] would be pretty legit.

• Removing Lock/Unlock. I'd love to be able to invite players to the raid and add/remove people from groups at the same time. Normally I'm lazy and wait until there's ~40 players in raid before I start making groups because the Hell with editing the layout every 10 seconds when someone new logs in. Being able to just spam mass invites and place people where they should appear at the same time without having to interrupt one process or the other would be awesome.

• Raid Roles. This could probably happen in two parts:

• #1). If the raid leader ever goes link dead or crashes (or whatever), it would be nice to have a player delegated to receive both raid leader and DZ leader. It doesn't happen to me very often, but there have been a couple of times over the years where Murphy's Law kicks in, I crash or have to re-log, raid leader gets automatically assigned to "the guy" that has no clue how to operate the raid window (or hasn't since back in the 50's during 'Nam or is just AFK for the next 3 hours or whatever), and it ultimately takes 10+ minutes to explain it and remedy the situation.

• #2) As a nice afterthought, it would also be awesome to add permissions into the Guild Management window that allows/disallows certain guild ranks to talk in /raidsay. I only say the Guild Management system because it already has functionality for stuff like this, but I'm sure this wouldn't work very well for raid forces that come from various different guilds. Maybe just an additional raid role for "Speaker" or something like that?

• #3). If for any reason the raid leader role does change, it would be nice if all other roles such as Master Looter, Main Assist, etc., etc., stay assigned to their original targets instead of breaking. Currently, they have to be re-assigned in the event the raid leader changes.

• Drag-and-Drop. I'd pay a pretty sizeable amount of cash to be able to just click and drag players into the groups they should appear in. It moved a little just thinking about it.

• An 85/15 Tracker. I get that some simple math replaces the workload this brings about, but, whatever. It'd be a cool "QOL" addition to know when you've reached maximum "piggy" slots and cannot zone in any additional unflagged raiders. Seeing how many of these slots remain and which players are currently "gimped in" would help several raid forces I've watched or tagged along with for funsies over the years.
    Warpeace, Arraden, Winnowyl and 3 others like this.
  18. Allayna Augur

If it were Tinder I'd SuperLike ya...

So much yes listed there.

The master looter/raid assist reset with RL change is annoying and I'm not sure why that hasn't been fixed earlier.

1 additional functionality that wasn't listed that would be amazing, the ability to run the tool/dz FROM the bench. A slot 55 if you will that cannot zone in if delegated that role in the raid tool.

1 setting in the dz window to highlight the name of someone not in the raid.

And again, the ability to boot all.... We have /kickp e and /kickp t, what I'm asking for is a /kickp raid.

I absolutely love the idea of "setting" who is going to get the raid/dz in the event of a crash.
    Arraden and Aldren like this.
  19. Zunnoab Augur

At least when the raid doesn't bug out and count non-group leaders as group leads and so doesn't let you make more. It doesn't happen all the time, and it's rare enough I forgot it's a thing until that post.
  20. Raccoo Augur

I wish I had a small raid window, so I could see who was dead and rez them quickly, without a huge window blocking my view. I wonder if someone can do some fancy-xml and use one of the unused windows like the Journal to make one for me? : )
    Lisard likes this.