Suggestions for Possible Future Quest or Mission Rewards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Some have expressed fatigue at group gear rewards for recent missions. (Though, I have thoroughly enjoyed the new content). This thread is to suggest or highlight items that could be proposed or upgraded for future quest or mission rewards.

Unique items with effects (that could be upgraded):
    Brazier of Elemental Summoning
    Puppet Strings
    Terror's Juju
    Soul of the Grandmaster
    Blood Drinker's Coating
    Silken Trillium
    Overflowing Urn of Life
    Violet Conch of the Tempest
    Shield of Immaculate Light
    Hoarded Orchid Blood Katana
    Honed Wurmslayer
    Small Manisi Branch
    Darkened Cone of the Mystics
    Darkened Journeyman's Walking Stick
    Darkened Brell's Keg Popper
    AOE weapons (Darkened Sword of Skyfire, Darkened Fayguard Bladecatcher, Darkened Adamantite Bo Stick)
    Upgraded Specialization Augments
    Charm Augments
    Illusions (Sarnak Seneschal Mask)
    Raid-speed mounts

*This is not an all-encompassing list. Some of these items may already have upgrades.
    Hobitses, Tucoh, Act of Valor and 9 others like this.
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

Thanks for making a separate thread!

I have a couple different categories of reward types I would like to see specifically for limited-time events.

Progression Alternative Loot
    • Examples: TBL mask, Stat Mounts, Stat Familiars.
    • Rationale: New/returning players and alts all want/need the loot that comes from the completion of later expansions, but they are rather burdensome to aquire-- even if you're just going after older expansion options (something is better than nothing).
    • Balance: Rewards should be 1-3 expansions behind in power to adjust for the relative ease of access.
    • Precedence: Fungal Shrieker Spore - Familiar from Beyond Espoir, 23rd anniversary mission.
    Difficult-to-Upgrade Items
    • Examples: Type 7 augs for Charms and Ranged items.
    • Rationale: There are very, very few Type 7 charm and ranged augs in EQ. Offering them as rewards for limited time events will increase the event draw and help new/returning players gear up while also helping veteran players gear up alts thereby making them more usable and increasing player longevity. Additionally, make the aug grow in power relative to the number of event quests completed and you'll see people rushing to do the quests who would otherwise not consider it.
    • Balance: If there's an upgrade path (see below), then make sure that every year's new offering is better, but not so good that people will be angry if they missed out.
    • Precedence: The best charm aug is found in a time-limited mission (A Formal Dinner Party; 19th Anniv.) with the next best option coming from another time-limited mission (Pirates of Timorous Deep; 16th Anniv.).
  3. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

4. Shredd Augur

Add the Bifold to the list. . a great clickie
  5. Ozon Augur

And Rod of Dark Rites
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

7. Stephen51 Augur

Power Sources
    Fenthen, Hobitses, MacDubh and 5 others like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  9. Ozon Augur

Older (say max lvl -10) rank 3 spells, so those who don't raid, or missed out on them can finall get them.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  10. Arkanny Augur

that's a milestone item, i wouldnt like it being so readily available, and i don't even have one yet.
  11. Qwalla Developer

12. Schadenfreude Augur

I don't have a single character that didn't get at least one item they were very pleased with from the 23rd Anniversary Events which made the meh tank mask and no-stats snail buddy from Scorched Sky all the more disappointing. I won't be running that mission again.

Extra cream filled doughnut to whoever designed Spirit of the Lost and got management to allow it in game.
    Qimble and Hobitses like this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I have looted 10 Luclinite Horde Cubes so far.

I am a fan. :)
    Hobitses, Sancus, Flatchy and 2 others like this.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

I gotta say Heck yes on the cube myself. I think the clickies are my favorite part of this game. Its like fishing, if you go out enough sooner or later , today will be your day.
  15. roth Augur

I’m a bit disappointed that the Tears of Alaris did not make that list of unique items that could use an upgraded replacement.
    Hobitses and Flatchy like this.
  16. Qwalla Developer

I hope the upcoming items I've planned please you all! One of them is even on that original list... :p
    Zaray, Hobitses, Zunnoab and 12 others like this.
  17. Marton Augur

Tease :D
  18. Paladin Augur

Velious Snowball

Chalandria's Fang
  19. Bigstomp Augur

I'd like to see newer quests/missions unlock the ability to tradeskill type 5 augs.
    Doing the missions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again just to get your augs is monotonous.
    Give us a path to also tradeskill them.
  20. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I have found the new mission rewards good as a grouper, I would imagine raiders have nothing to gain from them.

That being said it would be cool if there was a way to get useful raid from from 4+ xpacs back. For example the 85 speed mount from RoS or the Twincast click. It shouldn't be easy to get, maybe make them ultra rare chest loot.

I like the rest of the ideas here as well, however type 5 and 7 augs are easy enough to get as is.