Suggestion. Tracking device

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatchB53, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Cicelee Augur

IIRC forage was given to everyone only because of that dinosaur island quest where you had to forage something. I would venture to guess if the quest had ground spawns instead, that foraging would remain a druid/ranger/bard/whomever else I am forgetting thing.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

Tracking devices are perfectly fine because of how the tracking skill works.

The higher the skill, the further the range.

Having a tracking device that provides a skill of 50, doesn't auto-update and has a 30s recast delay is not OP. It would basically give you the ability to be more aware of your immediate surroundings and nothing more.

That doesn't break the game or negatively affect the lore. I have in the past suggested all classes get a tracking skill of 25-50 as some sort of acute awareness AA.
    Aanuvane, Bernel and Rijacki like this.
  3. Iven the Lunatic

You do follow the same argumentation pattern than Marton. Why should every class get access to tracking ? If the answer is just because of MORE, the suggestion is a fail, because players just like little kids, always want MORE.

Would it make sense to give all classes Lay On Hands and a weak healing spell ?
    Would it make sense to give all classes mesmerization and charm abilities ?
    Would it make sense to give all players a pet ?
    Would it make sense to give all players the backstab skill ?
    Would it make sense to give all players teleportation spells ?
    Would it make sense that every class could tank like a warrior ?
    Would it make sense that every class could deal DPS like a wizard/rogue/berserker ?
    Would it make sense that every class could heal like a cleric ?
    Randomized likes this.
  4. Randomized Augur

Easily justifiable doesn't mean it's a good thing for the game though.
    One could say the same thing about many abilities (FD).
    Monks could get all the melee buffs from shamans for being so in tune with themselves.
    Any class that uses any sort of magic should be able to summon mage pets. Druids and Rangers get the Earth pet, Wizard gets the Fire pet, so on and so forth.

Imagine just making every class able to tank and heal and being able to raid with 40 Wizards because they can do it all.

No thanks
    Barton likes this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Why the AA was added is really irrelevant since your character can get that AA as soon as they hit 51 to open AA and not when they have reached the minimum level of that expansion. I don't know if it is available on TLP before that expansion unlocks, I haven't looked. But, the max ability of a non-race/class that normally gets forage is not as high as those who do get it.
  6. MmmmBop Wise Troll

I would support a tracking device with these restrictions IF a cost was also attached for each click as small plat sink. For instance, a tinkered device that can be recharged for what amounts to 10k plat per click.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

I said a track of 25-50. I didn't say track like a ranger at 300+. So to ask if everyone should be able to tank like a warrior or heal like a cleric is nonsensical. You're arguing extremes and I'm not even remotely suggesting comparable abilities. You should take a moment to reflect on your "argumentation pattern".

A tracking skill of 25 isn't really tracking. Don't call it tracking. Call it a Clockwork Sonar. It would only help out with being aware of your immediate surrounds in a game that doesn't have things like Atmos audio but does have line of sight issues. Just adjust the track so it only shows mobs at 50ft or whatever.

Weak healing abilities are called potions.
    There are a boatload of port clickes.
    The only class that can't DPS like a wizard is a cleric.

It doesn't need to be a plat sink. Those are silly. Just regulate it with track distance using an applied skill rank and a recast delay. Make different versions of it.

Defective clockwork sonar - skill 25 recast 30s
    clockwork sonar - skill 50 recast 60s
    advanced clockwork sonar - skill 150 recast 3m
  8. Iven the Lunatic

@Vumad

What is the point of having a clockwork sonar tracking when it is that weak ? Seems to be a waste toy that would occupy a precious container slot just to cause more lag.
  9. Kompacte_of_Test Journeyman

Yeah, not for this idea either...although I always thought that it sounds logical that beastlords should have track, too...thoughts?
  10. Iven the Lunatic

Tracking that is limited to animals might be something for them but then people would ask for granting tracking to the shaman and monk also.
    Kompacte_of_Test likes this.