Suggestion to Developers doing the Burning Lands Expansion Livestream

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jordis, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

No. I don't want EverQuest Next. I don't want EverQuest 3.

What I want is EverQuest Remastered.
    Barton and Fanra like this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You don't want Absor to admit he's really Oscar. The real Oscar retired last week!!
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I think you nailed it. This is really all we need and it would be more time efficient and less stressful and chaotic on the devs. Make the producer actually do something and let the devs and coders work on what they are supposed to.

Every live stream in the past was extremely cheesy, chaotic with no obvious direction, plan or purpose and at some points mildly annoying. A few times someone said or did something funny but mostly it was awkward and seemed unpleasant for all involved.

The platform they chose to use the last few years is terrible as well. They should have stuck to Twitch as it is so much better than Facebook for live streaming with much better tools for the streamer and is a much better interface for the end user.

No offense intended but I certainly don't want another repeat of last year and a bunch of silly cat jokes for 30-45 minutes with little to no useful info.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

This is true. Caroll Spinney will be missed. They say his assistant is taking over and with the way my little "goons" err toddlers love Sesame Street, I hope the replacement can fill the feet of Big Bird and the trashcan of Oscar.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

I think refactoring is the only way to keep the magic.

Anyone dare to guess how many lines of code? Half a million? (Just saying random numbers here, I am clueless).
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm really interested to hear what the luck is, but no doubt this won't be in the live cast!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Yimin Augur

Id also add , try also to do one for 2nd largest market the world China ? At one time so many players from China , now i feel i am one of the last Chinese players :(

YiMin
  8. Dreadmore Augur

I heard they took out all the unnecessary whitespace, like line breaks, so it's all just one line of code
    Trying to hit some KPI, I think
    IblisTheMage, Brohg and Nennius like this.
  9. Bahdah Augur

Nowadays you can watch any broadcast you miss at a later time, cause replay. We haven't forgotten the "last Chinese players"
  10. Fintank Augur

I <3 Bahdah
    Bahdah likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wouldn't outside normal working ours for us be outside working hours for them? Just saying. But I am sure Daybreak just doles out the overtime like candy so.... not.
  12. Phancy Elder

It would be nice if they actually looked like they were trying to engage players instead of staring at their cell phones.
  13. Yimin Augur

Can't interact with a replay can you ! Some of us are at our computers when we play and interact with EQ ....

YiMin
  14. WorriedinNorrath Elder

LOL the last few the Longdale producer didn't even stay for the whole thing and the rest looked like they would rather be anywhere else. Just create a premade and slightly produced video and release it to YouTube or something.
  15. Nifty Slacker Augur

This is going to be my first eq stream. I've been playing eq a lot in 2017 and 2018, although I've taken a few breaks. But, the way Daybreak has punished and abused players over the last year... no other company is so antagonistic toward it's customers. I'm shocked that anyone in the company has the nerve to show their face and try to sell us something.
  16. Rickate Augur

If you're dealing with a 15ish year old game from the same company and basic competence you can create various pre-order items to view within a "prestige house". If you're dealing with a 20ish year old game and a different level of competence you will get

Does give the launch date.
    Shows the webpage and lets people know it's "sweet pack in items".
    Keep repeating "level increase" without saying 110 and state really meaningless "features" of new items, AA, collections.
    Mentions Veeshan's Sigil as the pre-order bonus.
    Mooncast stalls while Prathun loads up the Beta reward Helm, eventually pans the camera.

8:15 "what are we doing?" which is a great question when it's taken you that long to introduce 4 people, show 1 item, show a public webpage twice and include ~10sec of other information "Beta is open, the launch date is Dec 12, the Beta reward is a phallus hat and there is a level increase".

9:15 after Absor babbles for a minute without saying anything they use the in game preview not the actual item to show the Veeshan's Sigil. 9:45 seem surprised to find out the back is blank.

11:50 finally get another in game visual of being in Gorowyn, they do have the pre-order items in a bag so you can see the super exciting icons but even with 2 computers and how basic logic screams for one of them to be in Sunrise Hills with the items they are still using the item preview.

Stavia the star of the stream likely confirms that the level increase is to 110, has not even been alive an hour, still having 20 creation food and drink. 17:20 9 raids. There are 3 Hero's Forge sets, 1 raid, 1 group, 1 TS, they don't even know which set is which, they show 2 sets. Showing 2nd zone at 22:35 Prathun finally mentions 110. 23:30 discover crucial bug it's Howling Stone not Howling Stones, Absor uses a typical Dev tactic of stating something which is not true "names of that length are cut off" which has no factual basis, just purely invents something for no apparent reason.

25:25 the first pre-order item visible in 3D, the familiar. 26:15 2nd pre-order familiar. 30:00 first mount, 30:30 second mount. 31:20 "the one thing we are good at is wasting time", can't argue with Absor. 31:30 back to a public webpage for the 4th time.

32:30 rapid fire questions, and random guesses at answers
    Statless Familiars - so they can be used on Prog servers
    Merc AAs - dunno
    Is VP Keyed - yes on RoS version, Absor is unfamiliar with Kunark version
    Is there TS - yes, don't bother with softball questions, go for the T-Ball questions, why not ask if the expansion has mobs
    Chase Loot - Prathun thinks so, I guess there are 2 bags
    All RoS content is intended for 105-110 players
    You have to do content in the first set of zones to access the second set of zones.

Tomorrow will be a similar waste of time with a teaspoon of information, most of which will be correct, stretched out over 30-60min. One day Kyle might do the EQ1 Livestream, if he spends an hour of prep on the Livestream he would be able to provide as much information as Prathun and Absor did on the RoS stream and whoever they drag in front of the camera to discuss TBL.
  17. Littlelegs Elder

i know! all other gaming companies are super awesome with their customer base without fail. daybreak should def not advertise in any way whatsoever. maybe once a year would be ok.
  18. Barton The Mischievous

I want both