Suggestion to Developers doing the Burning Lands Expansion Livestream

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jordis, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Jordis Augur

Yimin and Metanis like this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Rudeness is the first step for winning people over, everyone knows that!

;-)
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

My suggestion is that they create a list and post it for us after the livestream:
    • How many zones? Names of zones. Is one a hub zone? Any zones locked behind flags/keys?
    • How many group and raid tiers? Which zones are in which tiers?
    • Level increase? I'd guess no.
    • Any new features? Like key rings, etc.
    • Expected date of release.
    • Are all previous expansions included? I assume yes.
    • Any new features/expansions for Free to Play?
    • Any plans to start opening up old flagged zones, as per http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Zones#Further_unlocking ?
    • The Darkened Sea AAs going to be auto-granted?
    Add your questions.
  4. Dreadmore Augur

This is how we communicate in 'murica. Nonchalant character attacks just on the verge of conspiracy theories. You Europeans wouldn't understand :rolleyes::p
    Pirlo, Sheex, Axxius and 1 other person like this.
  5. Riou EQResource

7, The Plane of Smoke, Stratos: Zephyr's Flight, Aalishai: Palace of Embers, Empyr: Realms of Ash, Esianti: Palace of the Winds, Mearatas: The Stone Demesne, The Chamber of Tears. Stratos is starter zone and where ports go to. All are semi locked behind the previous zone

3 group, 2 raid

no

Luck stat

December x

Probably

last 3 are f2p related stuffs
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The presentation doesn't bother me. It's part of Prathun and Absor's charm. I'd rather they just develope neat content than be eloquent on streams. :)
  7. Febb Augur

They are probably working on multiple things up until a few hours before the stream so questions asked and what they say isn't something they think is a priority.
  8. Marike Elder

I heart Papa Absor.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

This. They are who they are, 100% comitted to The Greatest Game Ever Made, and they are authentic, not acting.
    Allayna likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

While info. is trickling out, any new TS arcs?
  11. roth Augur

Actually, if they were interested in taking suggestions, I’d offer them one ...

Hold the thing outside of normal working hours, so more people in the US (apparently, their target audience) can watch it. That, or keep a link to it on the boards here so that people who have to work during the day (10 AM Pacific is 1 PM Eastern, when most players are at work or school) can watch it later without logging into surveillance sites like facebook.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Dreadmore like this.
  12. Tiqou Elder

What? Sounds fun.
  13. Repthor Augur

My advice is be yourself. You will never please everybody
    Pirlo likes this.
  14. Metanis Bad Company

I thought the exact same thing and was going to post on it here today! I lost a lot of respect for the entire EQ crew after watching last years livestream. My thought then was that if you're that unhappy at your job then it's time to move on. And a close second thought was that the EQ Producer position was basically useless if they have to tolerate that sort of unprofessionalism.
    Barton likes this.
  15. segap Augur

The live stream really should just go away. Having a team that's likely stressed trying to get beta usable isn't really a good choice of resources to be giving demos. Have someone else go through and create some screen captures and videos of the new zones and creatures. Create some bullet points of the new stuff. Put out a 2 minute promo that's more marketing driven. That's all that's needed.
    Lorai, Gyurika Godofwar and Pirlo like this.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

I think Prathun and Roxly seem very happy :). Absor is a bit grumpy, which I believe is Absor-equivalent of tap-dancing-singing-in-the-rain-extreemely happy...

I do really not apreciate regular super polished corporate stuff (I get enough of that in my dayjob), but I guess the more free style is not for everyone...
    Sancus likes this.
  17. Laronk Augur

It's the difference between when you have sales/community managers do the stuff vs developers and programmers.

I feel the live steams from the EQ team are more "real" instead of the fake marketing bs that most presentations have the feel of.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

So, can it be revealed now that Absor is really:

[IMG]
  19. Risiko Augur

Considering how archaic the code base is that they are likely working with, it's a miracle they are able put out anything every year that doesn't blow the whole thing up.

I just wish DBG (or some company) would put allocate the funds to recreate EverQuest from the ground up on standard up to date server and client technologies. Keep the same game rules, classes, mobs, and game mechanics. Just reboot it on today's technology. Then we could start seeing more ground breaking expansions.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Pirlo like this.
  20. Dreadmore Augur

EverQuest Next_NextNext_finalv5_FINALv2_usethisoneb.exe