Suggestion on a new server

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gudd, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Gudd New Member

I used to play EQ a very long time ago. And I have been looking at private servers, but it does not lure me in. Please give us a chance to host our own eq servers with our own rules. What I mean is regular EQ with an increase of drop rate ( 100 to 200% or 2 to 3 times the drop rate and exp) in every area. with 2x run speed ( out of combat) and 2x regen ((health and mana) out of combat). I know you will say that you have those servers already, but you don't. The 100% increase exp is, for example, if the mob give you 3 XP then you get 4 XP with 100 %, and 100% of .004 drop rate is .004. What I mean is if the use to give 3 now you get 6 or 9 and drop rate would be if it used to give you .004 drop rate now it is .04 or if it was .04 now it is .4.

I know many will argue that not fun and blah, blah, blah. One of the reasons I left was the nerf hammer. This nerf hammer drastically reduced the drop rates, class dps, casting, regen, spawn rates, XP gains. and literally made it impossible for the normal bull player with no affiliation with any guild, to play solo.

I was one of the players that complained about it and was told blah blah, don't play. This was very frustrating to me, I started getting perfect pelts at the rockhoppers cave 1 or 2 on a 4 hour farm to 1 on a 10hour farm to 1 every other day 8 hour farm with a beast lord and an druid dual boxing because my druid was not able to hold snare and my dots was not doing damage for me to kill 4 rockhoppers snare kite any more.

I any case, open up a server with those specs and ill join the monthly payment squad.... fyi... not paying for nothing else. thanks :)
  2. Sandy100 Elder

If you get increased experience, you should also ask for faster skill increases or you will find many skills will lag behind at upper levels. Just saying.
  3. bigpapa Augur

Firiona vie got permanent 50 % xp , and many there are very helpful , why not give it a try ?
    can even help you there , I helped many players there , either with items, plats or advices. { free}.

there are a lot of players in FV , we see everyday at the general / new players chat , players LFG.
  4. coffee349 Journeyman

What would be awesome...

a pre-POP progression server topping out with the first 3 expansions: Kunark, Velious, Luclin.