Suggestion: Necro DoT slot limit on mobs/more spell slots available

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Artemis-Entreri, Aug 4, 2013.

1. fransisco Augur

Those are terrible necromancers then.
    The debuffs are increasing raid dps WAY more than the extra dot (that is like their 15 best) would do in damage.
    Its a case of caring more about their parse numbers than the raid
  2. Enkel Augur

In their defense, don't know them, Guado said "being told to not do my job (debuff) due to several necros in a raid is RIDICULOUS!" It might not be the necros saying it, could be leadership. Just something to point out. Also, the devs wouldn't let the cap be doubled or tripled. I don't know the theoretical increase of dps that necros would gain, but I would think that the stress on the server would be a reason not to do it. The devs made a comment that mage salvo line was lowered to 5 strikes, from 9, because it was less stress on the server. If they wanted to decrease a single spell, I don't know why they would increase the slots by such a large margin.
  3. Xnao Augur

I fixed that for you.
    Loratex likes this.
  4. ClapClap Elder

I don't really want to comment on OP's idea too much but the fact that we're the only class that has to change spell sets mid-raid and cast more than 12 dots goes to show you how little balance we have. We have to cast a ton of AA'S and make sure they are in order. Some other class that shall remain nameless can do the best at burst in most cases, extremely well at sustained with like 2 spells and 2-3 AA's/hotkeys. I think it's time for the devs to wake up and fix this class. Put on your thinking caps. If you actually want to do something, necros will help you (if you listen to us for once). No offense but you're breaking us even more every expac lately. Admit that you need help and listen to some old school necros who can help you out. Unless your goal is to kill our class. You're pretty well on your way if that's the case. Why don't you just sell tokens in the marketplace for a class change for necros letting us become wiz or mages with the same amount if aa's that we have at the moment and transform our gear into the same level gear for the new chosen class? That way, you will kill us pretty fast and be done with it.
    Juzam Djinn likes this.
  5. Evurkvest Augur

Has this changed? Still 97?