SUGGESTION: Named Spawn Potion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rrowzing, May 19, 2019.

1. Xorsazis Augur

Difference being, pickzones require a certain population and other folks can enter your pickzone. I'd want an instance only my group/raid and I had access to.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I was thinking while back bout a potion that makes it so you have a better chance to spawn named but I think the only way they could do that is if the zone was instanced and since most the mobs I kill are in open zone hunters probably cant be done although be nice if it could especially something like vaniki on the fv server which is perm camped since it drop a nice weapon.

Andarriel
  3. Greymantle Augur

Well this is a possibliity. But what are the chances another group will chose your pick zone and your exact camp? And if you don't want ANY other people around your group, i suggest you stick to console games and not a massive multiplayer online game.
  4. Cidran Augur

Well, I'd never buy such an item… Honestly I wouldn't mind if others did if it helped the game to stay alive. If people have cash to burn I'm happy to see it spent on EQ. However, I think this would do more harm than good.
  5. smash Augur

That is something that will not happen ever, except for missions/HA. Doing it would be too resource costly and EQ not build for it, and beside EQ is social game. Why do you think that pickzones closes down when not enough people for it.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pretty good since people will pick zone jump already in order to camp the same named in multiple zones in order to increase the odds of them getting what they want. Not to mention just because it is a MMO doesn't mean you want to pay for someone else to get what you are looking for.
  7. Greymantle Augur

Hmm you must live on a very competitive server. I can honestly say i have NEVER even heard of anyone doing that before.
  8. Xorsazis Augur

There are always camps which are overcamped for the sweet thing everyone wants/needs. I don't mind sharing or waiting or doing the work, but there are plenty of topics already on people who perma-camp stuff for profit. I would like access to things as much as anyone else.

I don't mind most people. Just the ones who are hostile, toxic and aggressive. Which seems to be about 80% of the population these days.

And honestly, console games are just as much "MMO" these days as some PC games are solo.
  9. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I did this by accident on Mangler when I was camping the mage lady in Sol A for her sparkle purse and I was like

Oh man, that's like a really good idea though.

Basically a new pick appeared so I sent one of my two characters to see if she popped in the new one. She had. Then my brain basically went:

[IMG]
  10. Tumbler Lorekeeper

So to make a potion like this work, it's got to be a potion that is cast on a mob like a debuff. Once that PH dies the mob will spawn as a named on the next cycle(Provided all other things for the mob to spawn are met, IE only 1 in zone at a time etc...)