SUGGESTION: Named Spawn Potion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rrowzing, May 19, 2019.

1. Rrowzing Journeyman

It would be awesome if there were two potions for sale in the Daybreak store...

Both would guarantee the next spawn would be the named
    1 - expensive current expansion
    2- cheap older expansion
  2. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I would buy this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Problem 1: You buy the potion and spawn the name and someone else kills it and now daybreak has to deal with who should get the mob.

Problem 2: Multiple people buy the potion and spawn the name but who gets it.

This really becomes a customer service nightmare when people are losing the named mobs they paid to spawn.
    forbes77 and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Also, named spawns happen server side. I don't think they would be able to code an item that spawns the named for you.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Booh pay to win booh!! For years we've been against PTW and now we're asking for it? Just saying!
    Thrillho, Vythika and Daedly like this.
  6. Monkman Augur

Yeah, what’s next? Mob didn’t drop the item you want, oh there’s a potion that lets you claim it! Yeah please no. RNGesus is rough on all of us sometimes but that’s EQ
    Thrillho and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

Quillmane, Vaniki, et al?
    There's no way it would be a simple thing to do covering all the nameds in Norrath. Some are straight PH->potential nameds while others are far more complicated for when/why they appear.
    /not a fan either way.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

Pay to win shenanigans? No thank you! The game is built around chance, if you take that out it feels less exciting or dynamic. Moreover as others pointed out it would be hard to enforce kill rights and what about the players not willing to pay for names. I don't want to be stuck behind a line of players spawning paid names. I get the game has always had queues for camps and names, but I don't think someone should be able to pay past that.

Paying for names is clearly paying for power which in the past is something the devs indicated they're not for. If you want a rare off a named but are too impatient, buy it w/krono. If you can't on your server, transfer to FV. If it's even no trade on FV, then put the time into your toon to earn the item, it was probably no trade for progression or balance reasons.

I remember camping Undertow (then a ~8 hour respawn) and getting numerous PHers or not the drop I needed. It was a frustrating week but later made getting my mage epic feel more rewarding.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well I support folks voicing their opinions... My opinion? Nope bad idea.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Pay to win, can't say I'd be in support of this.
  11. Allayna Augur

Dislike. I do like how the Judicator from PoWar worked though, you spawn it, even if someone else tried to KS, the corpse was locked on to who spawned him. Not sure why that’s not the standard.
    Thoxsel, Yinla and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

judicator had some pretty unique spawn mechanics though... mechanics that I personally really disliked, and it was those mechanics that would allow such a thing to be reasonable for that mob in particular.

can you imagine, zoning in for a camp and the named being up. either because it was up on server up or because someone spawned it and couldn't take it down?..... or better yet, someone goes and just kills he phs for a buncha named... in either case, you kill the named and then they come and take your loot because it was locked on them? yeah that wouldn't be a customer service nightmare either.

no thanks, i'd prefer we stick to "you get the kill, you get the loot" as the standard. and have 1-offs remain just that.
  13. Allayna Augur

In regards to Judicator, the corpse would unlock like normal at the 15 min mark....you just couldn't zone in and gank a mob.
  14. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

How about a potion that just gives you Krono so you can buy the loot rights to the named you want.
  15. MysticOne Augur

You camp a named for an item, you kill the ph 9, 10, 15, 20 times. It spawns doesn't drop anything but a stupid Curzon. No item.
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I think if you want rare...you need to camp it.
  17. Scorrpio Augur

Sure. $17 each, please.
  18. Xorsazis Augur

I'd rather a potion that gives you an instance of a zone only your group can enter. Would make it so much easier to accomplish things on some days without all the drama.
    Foliax likes this.
  19. Mintalie Augur

Are you high?
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  20. Greymantle Augur

Well close second is in game, try using a pickzone.