Suggestion: Morph old weapons into Ornaments!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vizier, Nov 4, 2019.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Although it is technically possible, as per Ngreth's comments (which are not changing):

NO is the answer to this thread, as officially stated many times over years of this being brought up.
  2. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

Omega Suggestion: make vanity slots like in EQ2.

/micdrop
    /thread
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Except you didn't even read the thread, and don't know what you're talking about.

But looking at your 'mic drop', <golf clap>.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

If you take an iota of a modicum of a moment to consider what needs to happen to "morph an item", it's easier to just use vanity slots and move on. no need to "morph" anything... think before engaging your keyboard.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Read the thread, then do a search for all the threads over the years where this has been mentioned.

Your 'brilliant' idea has been mentioned and said no to many times.

Official word, three times in this thread alone, says no.

Read before you deem yourself brilliant.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Vanity slots may actually be MORE time consuming for code than a "morph: system (Or whatever you want to call it) becuase NEW UI is hard in our game.

So Again. What's more important? Vanity or Performance?
    Jennre and Sancus like this.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I ask my girlfriend that all the time.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Vumad and Sancus like this.
  8. Erebor New Member

Vanity

If looks didn't matter, there wouldn't be a need for ornaments or 'fun' illusions to begin with.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

Both! However, I would think that the time spent building an "Appearance" tab would be a better use of your limited resources then making recipes for each item. The former, once done, should continue to work going forward with no additional effort. The latter would require you to make appearance items and recipe's for each new expansion.

Much like my suggestion of re-doing the bazaar as an Auction House and trying the ability to list items for sale to owning the new expansion that would be tied to; the same could go for this feature. No no, I'm not saying drop everything and get it in this TOV; but next years expansion... why not make that a feature?

Give the TLP crowd a reason besides another bag or illusion clickie to purchase that expansion.

Yes, I read your comment about NEW UI being hard; but that didn't stop you guys from putting in the Mount and Illusion keyring UI's. Sure this will be more work then those were; but it'll also be a really cool feature.

Well, all that or remove the item type restrictions from the existing ornaments. I really dislike having to shoot for 1hb weapons just to complete my "look" :p
  10. Zamiam Augur

I didnt realize TLP's had to purchase expansions ? thought all they needed was All access ..

I figured sense they are progression time locked that usually the expansion they start with is F2P on live .. and if and when they catch up to live for expansions a new TLP comes out and everyone moves on to the new TLP ?
    just guessing ..
  11. Zanarnar Augur

Exactly. I've purchased one or two since I started playing just on the TLP side for the included items. If they tied a new feature to an xpac, I'm betting the majority of TLP players would jump on it (unless they didn't want or need that feature. But lets be honest, we all like to look cool :O )
  12. Sancus Augur

Performance, unquestionably. A transmog-esque system would be cool, but is of little value if the underlying game doesn't perform properly.
    Ssdar and Szilent like this.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Exactly, Raids are already pushing the limits in most cases. As much as I would love to see it added, it won't be worth it in the end.

Another idea I had, how about adding a few Pottery made Weapon Ornaments with new expansions? It's been a while since the last one's were added, RoF I think. There's already some nice ones available from TS's but an add on to them would be cool.

Also, is there any plans to change the Sword of Truth ornament to fit into any weapon?
  14. Bobokin Augur

So why not key all armor, shields, and weapons as a type 20 Aug?
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Why not just take the developer's word for it?

Since they actually know what they're talking about and you actually don't?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  16. Bobokin Augur

Um, ... he was answering another question, and I presented an alternative way to do it.

Don't be so smug.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Read the whole thread, before assuming you are going to propose something that hasn't already been mentioned (many times in this and other threads for years) and rejected also.

Read the thread, this ain't happening no way no how. No matter how much I and 'many' others want it.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Oh gawd. Your idea has been floated a dozen times over the last decade. Get over yourself. :)
  19. Bobokin Augur

Certainly, and it is a viable option that would not require reworking the NEW UI. It would require reworking code, and I guess that's too much on the old database.

Perhaps we can get a few more crafted ornaments and DBG store ornaments that look like items already in the game.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Actually no again. In the context of what Ngreth has already mentioned, they won't be wasting time to 're-create' an existing item, when they could be using those resources to create something new.

It makes zero sense for them to 're-create' an existing item, for SO many reasons.

Also when Player Studio existed we weren't allowed to make a 're-do' of an existing item.

They have never liked the idea. And now with the age of the game, they have more reasons to not want to waste time, resources, database entries, or 'bandwidth' (in whatever context) on appearance items.