Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Jun 19, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knifen Augur

But what type of action/detrimental stuff can we still do while escaped that wouldn't break our escape? What example's are you referencing? Monks and Necros can still do overseer, clean their bags, what stuff that we can do besides move around?

By your own response then if we hit escape and DONT move than your fine with the dots still going and us loosing aggro just like a necro? I could live with that too, but just saying we can do "things" as a response is just absurd.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you hit escape and do nothing, dots will still get you put back on the hate list as soon as they do damage again as expected. If you want to lose agro from dots after hitting an escape ability then it needs to remove all detrimental effects that you have casted. FD works different as a tool then the escape abilities do and that isn't a major issue.
  3. fransisco Augur

So you're willing to "lay down" and be unable to move, scout, get away from the mobs or anything else? Even simply getting away from AE's without more agro is a nice thing that FD doesn't allow. Ask necros how they feel about melee damage lying down...

Of course your not, so lets not pretend that your being able to move around is "meaningless"
  4. Knifen Augur

True I would move around, it was more for Waring saying we can do "stuff" well the stuff is just moving around. Nothing that actually does any dmg to the mob.

The question being asked was made that it could it be made to be the same way, do I want to dot something up and escape to exploit a slow dot kill on a mob no. But the saying its OK for a necro to dot a mob up, fd, loose agro, dots keep ticking, AND be able to send in a pet to attack while FD is ok just because it "works different" just sounds silly.

It was brought up so that we dont get instant aggro when a dot ticks during a fight we escape from.
    Just like (reguardless of what mechanic works in the background) a necro could FD after a mob is loaded up with dots and not re aggro.
  5. Knifen Augur

Easier way to explain,

The mechanic is all ready there and working for necros, why cant it work for rogues other than we can walk around (i figure walking around is less dmg then the necro that can send in a pet while fd)
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

FD and the various escape tools that classes have are different mechanics, it shouldn't be surprising that they both handle dot agro differently. If you want to lose agro with an escape mechanic the only way to do that is to strip all determinantal spells you have casted on various NPC's
  7. fransisco Augur

It hasn't worked like this for a long time. When someone is fd, dots do zero damage (even though they keep counting down).So they cannot "pause" their dots either.
    Iven and Knifen like this.
  8. Knifen Augur

It doesnt surprise me, nor does it "have" to work different (it just does currently), nor does it "have" to strip the buffs (thats just your answer to the solution).

Now without repeating your statement restating how everything currently is over and over, why should it are you against it not working the same? Is the ability to walk around sos after an escape your only reason to it?

Perhaps than it would be better and more fair if when a necro fds to drop aggro all current damage over times are stripped off the mob for THEM to be able to stay off aggro?

fyi I dont know a single person that uses this as an exploit either
  9. Knifen Augur

Than that is the missing part and could be used as a solution for our issue. The dot doesnt have to be stripped like warring says, it could just revert to 0 dmg like a necro, thus not re-aggroing our escape.

I did not know that.
    Iven likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

Again, this lets you simply turn off dots whenver you want to. Which goes against the very point of what a dot is. Live with the consequences of using them, or don't use them.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

I agree with this. XP is cheap with Overseers, so I don't get upset about dying when I have a dot on something and I tried to use escape.
    fransisco likes this.
  12. Knifen Augur

Than by your own reasoning a necros dots should break fd so that they live with the consequents ?
    Iven likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

So you are back to agro free dots again as that is what it would mean if you used an ability to drop agro and dots didn't argo on the next damage tick. With FD as soon as they cancel the ability by standing up any dots that they have casted will cause them to get agro again just like the escape abilities you are talking about. FD and escape abilities are different tools and how they handle dot agro is different but with both of them as soon as the ability is over you will get dot agro again.
    fransisco likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, FD and the escapee abilities work differently and a necro will get agro again as soon as they stand up if there are still dots running.
  15. Knifen Augur

Again. You've just re-stated how things are currently not how they could be changed to in a similar working fasion as other classes
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

if necros are allowed to stand up after FD while dots are still running they should do no damage. This should be the same for all FDs and dots.

I can see there being a lot of complaints if they did that as most FDs are to lower player agro, not clear it completely, and reapplying dots is likely to put them back where they were on agro.
  17. Knifen Augur

Not true. We dont get aggro when escape fades, escape drops on the next dot tick. And necros all ready have what your arguing against.
  18. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Why is that bad? It is skill to know that you risk perma aggro until the dot wears off or you dispell it. Why do people want to keep taking a few things of skill out of the game? There is so little left that makes a player good.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don't seem to be understanding, when escape fades or FD ends you will get agro on the next dot tick. What you seem to be ignoring is that the effects of escape fade naturally and FD has to be canceled manually or if an AE hits them breaking it. In both cases you don't get agro again until after it fades which is how it was intended to be.
  20. JetZeppelin2h Augur

It is sad so many people want to keep making EQ easier. Maybe it is just the population is getting too old so they want something easier to play since they can't play as well as in their youth.

There is no risk to dying in EQ anymore you just instantly get all your gear back and can summon the corpse to rez. Stop taking the skill out of playing the game. When I dot something I know I am risking not being able to clear aggro for a while. That is part of the game. There have been times in this game where I didn't use dots just because I knew there was a small chance of aggro from an add and I wanted to be able to fade if that happened. That was back in the deep dungeon crawling days when I was trying to get past alot of see invs mobs and get in that one small spot where I could kill some special mob so I didn't use dots because if it went bad I could just fade and try again without having to risk getting past all the dangerous see invs mobs again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.