Suggestion: Item names visible for bags and bank

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mortium, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Mortium Elder

After spending ten minutes trying to find exactly the right item, I came to the conclusion that there is a really bad mechanism for finding items.

Hovering my mouse over each and every item just to figure out what it is is insanely crazy.

Any chance we can have alphabetical sorting of bags/banks?
  2. DinkumThinku99 Elder

If they add an 'auto-sort' feature for inventory items, they better include an option to totally disable it. :) I tend to put related items in the same area of a bag, sorted the way I want them (so I can find things easily), and I don't need the game rearranging things on me.
  3. Imak Augur

Hover mouse over opened container, hold down ALT button.
  4. Gialana Augur

Additionally, you can use
    /outputfile inventory [path]
    where you replace [path] with something like C:\somefolder\char_inv.txt
    Then you can open it the file in notepad and search for what you want. It will list items on your character and in their bank and will let you know exactly where in those the item is so you won't have to open every bag individually to check.

There are other arguments you can use with /outputfile, if you type /outputfile in game without any arguments, it will tell you what there is. For instance, you can replace "inventory" with "realestate" to see what you're hiding in your houses.

I'm just going off memory about the exact syntax. You can just type /outputfile to see if I made any mistakes.