Suggestion for third bazaar format

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smak, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Smak Augur

In addition to posting items to sell for plat, or listing items to buy for plat, could a third trading format be added that would allow us to setup any possible trade that could normally be done player to player?

As in posting a trade offering cloak of flames and fungi tunic for mana robe and zlandicars heart?

With or without platinum on one side offered.

So to setup that trade you would put cloak of flames and fungi tunic into a bag and if someone came up to your trader with a mana robe and zlandicars heart in another trade bag you could exchange bags when only one player is active.

Trades would use one to four bags to trade for one to four bags with specific items and or platinum inside.
  2. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

Doesn't the barter method already allow for trades to be setup? :p
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are item for item listings in /buyer mode that you can set up now.
  4. fransisco Augur

In practice, this wouldn't really work.
    Most trades for multiple items don't work well, cause someone is giving a high value item for multiple lower value items. The one who gets the lower value items often gets the raw end of the deal, cause they now need to move all those items to see any real value from the trade.

Also, the chances of someone having the item you want, and also wants to trade it for the item you are offering are very slim.
    I doubt this system would see many actual trades occur.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I don't use buyer mode for item for item anymore as its too buggy. I m on fv and was trading a highend item for another and for some reason it was buggy as I logged in oneday and I had traded this highend item for a fresh meat which by itself I was paying good pp for. Made someones day that they got a highend item for 1 fresh meat as they even sent me a message but noway were they gonna give it back. its just too buggy its not the first time this has happened too. I probably logged in and somehow the item got shifted to another item so people beware.

Andarriel

20m pp for a fresh meat makes me not use it anymore for item for item.
  6. Nniki Augur

Currently, /buyer only lets you set a single item in a buy line. You can, however, add multiple compensation items to a buy line. Krono cannot be added as a compensation item nor can compensation items be added for Krono buy lines.

It'd be nice to have items for items trading instead of just item for items trading though. It'd also be nice to create item trades with Krono, not just currency trades.

An example where multiple items in a buy line would be useful is the Artisan Prize seals or the Earring of Solstice items. People might want to buy the entire set, which they cannot currently do in a single buy line.

The other issue with /barter is that it only lets you search for items listed in the buy lines. You cannot search for compensation items. Legends of Norrath had items for items trading and full search, and it was really nice because you could try to acquire the other items the person wanted to make the trade for the item you wanted.