Suggestion for the next bonus weekend

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saelemdar, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Saelemdar Journeyman

Devs, can you boost/double/triple/whatever the rate of skillups for tradeskilling? Getting to 300 is torture. Increasing the rate of skillups would be a much greater blessing than rare spawns, since they don't spawn anyway.
  2. Tanols Augur

This one will probably get a big fat NO!

IF you plan it out, gather your supplies, acquire a few Craftsman potions ... you can go from 0-300 in all your tradeskills in a single day of combines and only realistically have to check in with your progress ever hour or so. Acquiring the number of dropped mats to use this method that is where the time and or plat sink happens NOT doing combines for skill ups.
    Andarriel, eepok and Duder like this.
  3. Duder Augur

Well put Tanols
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. Zvenn Just an old monk

yeah getting to 300 is a joke anymore... getting to 350 on the other hand LOL if you think getting to 300 is tough boy are you in for a treat
    Mintalie and Andarriel like this.
  5. Saelemdar Journeyman

It's not about the craftsman potion or all supplies. It's the skill up rate. I am trying to max fletching on my wizard. He is at 298. 200+ feathers and bones later he is still at 298 and now I need to waste more time farming naeyas in SL to get two measly points.

Tradeskills go up vastly slower than combat skills and casting skills. And it becomes expensive and time consuming. How is it harmful to let skills go up faster over the long Memorial Day weekend?
  6. Mintalie Augur

I long for the days when I thought getting to 300 was "torture." And I did. All that seems but a fleeting, distant memory now.

For real, getting to 300 is child's play. Tanols advice is spot on. Heck, I doubt it would even take a whole day if one were super diligent.

If you don't have the components, set up a buyer and advertise in /general. You'd be astonished how many people have thousands of TS goodies squirrelled away. Seriously, astonished. Take the time to gather all the stuff you need and then knock it all out. Autocombine is the best thing EQ ever did.

Now to go look up thousands more recipes for the continued grind to 350, the REAL torture...