[Suggestion] Community-Driven Server Bonuses!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Apr 19, 2020.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

What if DPG set up a charity fund every week or month where players could donate and as a reward for hitting goals we get a serverwide bonus (XP, Lockout, Rare, Faction) for some period of time (day, weekend, etc)?
  2. Vicus Augur

I would be up for this if it was 50% toward charity, other 50% toward new content. If after a year I didn't actually see some improvement to the game (and I hope they would communicate what the money was being used for in development) I would stop donating. At that point your best just donating to the actual charity yourself.

If they advertise they are doing it on a couple of MMO's sites it could earn them some good press and could throw in a few lines of the content they added.

Anything is better then this type of press:

https://massivelyop.com/2020/03/27/everquest-bungles-new-overseer-system-infuriating-fans/
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I foresee many lackadaisical players waiting for the rest of us to donate and then only logging in when something special is happening - just like right now with the Anniversary stuff and last week with the bonus exp.

It would soon wither away. Its like when you pay for the large pizza for you and a friend and the friend eats it all.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

I read the title and for some strange reason thought it meant we could give the servers bonuses for staying up. Please, stay up today!!!
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

:D