Suggested item for LDON Evoc spec aug (Tweyne's Stone of Evocation)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Linora, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Linora New Member

Hi all

I've got my wiz up to level 83 and he is almost caught up with the rest of my box team. I have a group of 6 (pal, dru, enc, mnk, bst, wiz) that are all in their mid 80s - the pal, dru, mnk and bst are all over 85 in T1 VoA visibles and level appropriate non-visibles with around 2.5k AAs. The other two are around 83 and in defiant but I could easily level them to 85 and put them in T1 VoA as well if necessary.

I've read again and again that the best aug for a wizard is Tweyne's Stone of Evocation (the 15% LDON aug), however as you all know it is type 8. People have said that it is virtually worth losing 1000 mana in order to have it equipped - problem is I think I actually would lose 1000 mana as I'd have to equip it in a very old slot 8 raid piece.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what the best piece I can get with my crew to put it into? I guess I have a similar dilemma with my dru as well as the alteration aug is probably one of the best for him as well?

If anybody has any suggestions they would be much appreciated!
  2. Mintalie Augur

Old Man McKenzie brews will buy you raid gear with type 8 aug slots. :)
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There should be a new evocation aug in the next part of cotf, i believe the spec augs which have already come out were slots 7/8, I can't remember if there was already a new alteration aug released in part 1 of cotf
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

there is an Alteration aug http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=113798
    evo aug is in the 2nd part of CoTF
  5. Mykaylla Augur

Depends on if you want to stay around this level for a while, or get to 100 relatively quickly, what kind of timeframe you'd like to get an item in, and if you have the latest expansion.

If you are planning on getting to max level soon, and you have Call of the Forsaken, I'd say wait a month- there are new improved spec augs. Alteration, Divination and Conjuration are already available- the evocation one should be available when the next content release goes live. The new augs are type 7/8, so they go into group and raid gear.

If you're not planning on aiming for 100 right away, but you're willing to wait a little while, I would prepare to head to revamped Crushbone when the anniversary content comes back- not only is the Crushbone-Patch Doll a type 8 range, and a source of the best Improved Dodge focus, but there's also a neck for your druid, paladin and beastlord, a good ring for half your group, a 2hander for your paladin, a H2H weapon for your beastlord... definitely a useful miniraid to farm.

Old Man McKenzie missions are a good source of some pretty cool items in general, but they have been bugged lately, so that you can only have a single member of each class. You also need 12 people in zone to open the chest to finish it, and you must have 7 raid flags from either Solteris, SoF, or some of the SoD raids to be able to zone in to do Nagafen and Vox to unlock those raid items. Once you have the flags for them though, you can just farm the group missions for brews, and if you loot the chest item at the end on the same toon each time, you can get 6 brews per day, so it doesnt take too long to save up for one item with persistence.

If you're looking for something to get now, it's partly going to depend on what you can request, too, and then just finding the highest raid your group can handle. Some of the easier raids to group for their relative levels would be:
    SoF
    Bloodmoon Keep
    Bimbalicus the Soulbleeder
    Mining Behemoth

SoD
    Queen Malarian
    Fellbane
    Showdown at the Crystal Core
    Venom Lord Ksathrax (just don't splash!)

Underfoot
    Convorteum 1: Gatekeeper

HoT
    The Grounds

VoA
    Argath
    Sarith

RoF
    Corrupted Temple of Veeshan (Though not Vulak)

Now, if your tank is wearing T1 VoA attunable gear, that is close to SoD raid level gear- more hit points,. less AC. cToV presumes a gear level of at least T4 HoT/T1-2 VoA raid gear and a full raid. VoA T1 and T2 raids, you'd probably want at least tiers 1 and 2 HoT raid gear for a full raid. Convorteum 1 is tankable in Tower gear with a raid. The SoD raids mentioned took T1 SoF raid gear with a mid-to-family raiding guild; a guild like RoI beat them with a lot of people in Solteris and TSS gear. BMK and Bimbolicious were doable in TSS gear with family raiding. Bearing in mind that you're much fewer than a full raid but you have better gear and spells, I'd probably start with trying out Queen Malarian and see how you do- it plays decently well to your strengths- it's not a long fight, you have an enchanter to lock down adds and a wizard to nuke fire-weak mobs, and plenty of curing for the corruption debuff between splash and your druid (plus you don't have to move too much, just deal with the roaming silence aura). I'd look at getting everyone out of defiant though- doing any kind of raids tends to bring some kind of ramp or AEs, et cetera, so you don't want anyone to be too squishy. If it's too hard, drop back to SoF raids (though you may need to find a requester for you in the dreaded general), and if it's too easy, go up to something more challenging. Showdown at the Crystal Core will get you Twincast Rk. III for your wizard and druid, and MR aura for your enchanter, so that's a good one to do at some point anyway, even if you need to get some more gear and levels under your belt first.

I feel like Choose Your Own Wizardly Adventure.

If you wish to go to 100, turn to page 61.
    If you wish to slay dragons, turn to page 3.
    If you do not wish to do either of these things, turn to page 22.
    CaRnon and Linora like this.
  6. Mithrandyr Augur

Don't those require you to have completed the OMM vox and naggy raids? That would require you to do raids that A) nobody does and B) require 50 people. Or has something changed since I did them when they were current?
  7. Linora New Member

Thanks for all of the replies - been very helpful. Especial thanks to Mithrandyr, I think I'm going to turn to page 3 :) I'm not planning to go above level 85-88 ish on my set for a good while yet so the suggestions on what to do will be extremely helpful. No doubt I'll fail miserably at any of them to start off with but at least I'll know I should be in with a chance so will continue to bang my head against one of the raids until I succeed!

I think you are right on the OMM stuff, it wasn't around when I was last playing but everything I've read says that you need to have completed other raids first + I very much doubt they are groupable at 85 even with modern group gear.

One other question for Mithrandyr, I notice that you didn't put Clankwrench in the SoF raids section. I'd read that this is pretty much the easiest raid to do for powersources - do you think it is out of my reach at 85? It would be nice to flag my little crew for the decent PSs if possible.
  8. Mithrandyr Augur

Heh I think that was Mykaylla. Some of the SoF raids are easy for level 100s because you can headshot or decapitate. Based on staying at level 85-88, you will need some help to do any of those. We boxed some of the raids with 10 level 90s. Youll probably need 3 groups to do it at your level sadly. The big problem with the OMM raids was that you had to shroud to level 50 to do them. Mining behemoth is probably the easiest raid. Clankwrench is a little tougher. MB is mostly a root and dps fight. CW will probably require a lot of mezzing. You probably wont have the dps to group any of it tbh until you hit at least 90. We found deepscar to be the easiest but im not sure what it flags you for. You might try bimbalicus the soulbleeder because it looks like A) mostly undead and B) a mezzing event.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

All the Steam Factory raids are doable at 85 with 3 or 4 toons, I think During UF me and a buddy did that instance a bout a hundred times for alts and friends

IIRC we were most successful with a SK cleric Bard monk But we did it with a handful of different set ups

Sk Druid Magician Necromancer was another make up we tried and successful with.

Mining Behemoth is the easiest, Clank is probably harder then Spindlecrank but both are relatively easy as well.

IIRC T1 VOA stuff is better then what we had when we did it.