Subtle graphic/animation changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Uxtalzon, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Uxtalzon Augur

So I already noticed right away those alien dudes all around Luclin (boglings, shak dratha, trol jeg, etc.) now have a slightly different appearance and attack animation.

While doing a guide quest event (hi Ryleth! So cute :3), those giant beetles in North Karana are now sporting a new orange-ish carapace color, rather than the always-identifiable yellow and black spots.

Then I noticed wolves walking around as if their front-leg arthritis all these years had been cured finally. No more frowny face and a gentle paw handshake, but an actual biting animation. Pretty neat.

I'd like to know what else was worked on. I find it interesting.
  2. TibalMurphy Elder

that stuff wad changed a few years ago.
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Probably a result of the January 21st patch:

"- Made an adjustment to the way that NPC character models created prior to the Omens of War expansion are loaded and displayed. This change coincides with a number of graphical updates and fixes to these models."
  4. Absor Developer

It was January. Dzarn put in a huge effort to hand edit and correct a lot of old models, both animations and textures.

A
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Please thank Dzarn for us :)
    Lisandra, Nniki, Stubar and 2 others like this.
  6. Uxtalzon Augur

Hadn't noticed the notes. Pretty neat! Though it would be nice to know what all was changed, I'd rather enjoy running around and finding out myself in-game when I get spare time.

Thank you Dzarn, if you're still around. >.>
    Lisandra and Yinla like this.
  7. Absor Developer

I think it's safe to say... just about everything PoP and before that was broken or weird.

A
    roguerunner and Lisandra like this.
  8. Audigy Elder

So by your statement Absor is considered broken or weird
    beryon, artofnoise, Lisandra and 3 others like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Dzarn still here?
    Rainbowdash likes this.
  10. Rainbowdash Augur

Better be :(
  11. Iila Augur

Got my pitchfork ready if he's not.
  12. Ryleth Senior Guide

Silly Uxty!! I just now saw this post. ~Hugs.