Stumbling Stance

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Brosa, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Brosa Augur

Stumbling Stance known to be cast by an honor guard, a Gindan berserker, a Rulnavian fury in PoW. From my experience there is nothing a warrior can do to defend against this. A group warrior anyway. Suppose a raid geared warrior can survive this on shear brawn but still no abilities I know of work against this. How do Sk and Paly fair? I do know a group mage pet can handle these 6x better then I can. Some thing those mage pets have the real tanks don't I suppose.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

bring a cleric and heal through it. Or have a chanter rune tank it.
  3. Repthor Augur

use NTTB to cut the dmg down . also its not this debuff that kills you when u tank a berserker or a fury. its the fact that they both cast "counter attack" and bolstered assult, dispell bolstered. and dont attack in to counter attack
  4. Brosa Augur

Ok I think I'm getting these mobs down....thanks for the info
  5. Daegun Augur

I haven't bothered to parse it out yet, but anecdotally I have noticed that the incoming DI spread on my mage's earth pet in current content is reminiscent of the type of DI spread I could see as an ac-centric tank back in the PoR/SoF era ... tons of minimum hits with very few max hits. Far fewer max hits and far more minimum DI hits than my group geared tanks see these days. Pair that with their block proc and high hp count - that's one of the biggest reasons pet tanks faceroll modern player tanks. Part of me has wondered if it has anything to do with ac softcaps and returns. If NPCs (and therefore pets) are not subject to soft caps like player tanks are - then they're effectively able to do what modern tanks can't effectively do anymore --> hit ac/mitigation levels that tanks haven't been able to reach in nearly a decade.

There has been massive relative stagnation in ac values on augments since some time after the SoF expansion. My guess is this was intentional as was the relative increase in mob attack values to put some danger back into the game.

Because ... this ....

[IMG]

Is not a dangerous scenario for a tank.

And that image above, is what I used to be able to get on current content from DoDH all the way up until I retired in SoF - both raids and group content. It was during this time period that the massive ac vs hp arguments raged nonstop on thesteelwarrior with such notable folks as Battleblade failing to recognize the logic in stacking the highest ac augments possible on your gear. When I retired, my unbuffed ac was around 5k ... unbuffed hp was under 30k. I don't remember the specifics - that was a decade ago. These days the beefiest tanks are rocking close to 120k hp (>400% jump) with just over 10kac (200% increase).

Anecdotally (I have not parsed it) - just watching incomming melee rounds on my mages pet - it reminds me of what my warrior used to be capable of in group content.

AC is still king, but it's no longer god mode.