Stuck at work on 76% experience holiday >.<

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Ronzark Augur

Says a guy who scolds developers of a 20 year old game....

SO sad it's not even funny.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

This thread looks like a copy paste job from p99 forums, speaking of "sad."
  3. Zansobar Augur

If you love what you do, it's not work.
  4. Ronzark Augur

Until you have to spend time away from loved ones when everyone else gets to be with theirs......

I worked as a tennis pro when I was young. Loved it. But eventually I couldn't stand to be working when everyone else was off and with family (evenings, holidays, etc) so I changed careers. Life isn't a one variable situation.
  5. Febb Augur

Been there. I had to travel for work and was gone 3 weeks out of every month away from home. I did it for 5 years. The money was awesome but it slowly destroys you and relationships with your wife and kids back home. I was laid off from that job due to shrinking market in what I was doing and it was for the better.
    Ronzark likes this.
  6. Risiko Augur

I absolutely love what I do, but it's still work. :)
  7. Risiko Augur

Nah.. extend it until Monday morning, so that those of us with a job can have time to enjoy it this weekend :D
  8. Arturo Fuente Journeyman

I could get behind that!
  9. Prolog New Member

I was in LA for family stuff from Friday night to Wednesday night so I only managed to do EXP for about 2.5 hours last night... was sort of bummed.
  10. BiscuitLoves New Member

150k in the Bay Area? Why would you want to be poor?
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Because it costs $100k just to live in the Bay Area?
  12. Brunnt ForceTrauma Lorekeeper

ITT: I learned that the Bay Area is /not/ a Major Tech Hub. Also I saw a programmer make some stupid assumptions about the EQ code base. GG. If anyone is paying you six figures to code they should reconsider as your understanding of how programming works seems to be... incomplete.
  13. Lumiens Augur

They were just talking about it on the radio the other day and the median house price here in the Bay Area is now over 1.5 million.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I have 3 friends who live in the city. Rent varies from $5,500 to $6,000 for those three. Granted, it's downtown San Francisco but that's brutal.
  15. Kibanu Augur

Six figures in San Fran area isn't a huge achievement. With my current salary in Indiana, I'd make $245k there. 93% cost of living difference - ouch