Struggling as a beastlord

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Margot Heart, May 16, 2017.

1. Margot Heart Elder

How do u survive a two mig encounter? Usually my pet diesel and i got aggro from the mobil and die after a couple of seconds as my merc wont get aggroed.
    Only place i have found so far that i can handle solo is the farm in Dragonscale Hills .Are there any other good places around level 67?
    Thanks Margot Heart
  2. Margot Heart Elder

Haha lots of spelling errors and autocorrects there .
    What i was trying to say is that im struggling when there are more then one mob .Usually my pet goes down and my merc lose aggro and i die .
    Thanks
    Margot Heart
  3. Dixa Augur

it's time to replace the tank merc with the healer one.

get some mage toys in the bazaar for your pet. get it phantom plate at a minimum, haste mask, two fists of ixiblat. this will make your pet a better tank than you.

make sure you have everything that your pet can proc up. not only is tehre no longer a limit of one proc per activation but the more proc effects the pet has the more often it procs everything. it will also be your largest source of damage at these levels.

keep both slowed and if it goes pear shaped blow mana to kill asap.

Margot Heart likes this.
  4. Margot Heart Elder

Hey thanks alot!
    So i can buy pet toys at the Baazar ? Cool didnt know that ?
    What do u mean by procs and goes Pear shaped?
    Do i have slow spells at lvl 72? You are talking about spells that slows enemies attack speed ?
  5. Margot Heart Elder

Ah pear shaped is when things goes bad hehe okay got it!
  6. Gru_Pikeys Journeyman

What server are you on? Might be able to help you with a bit of gear.

Also for AA, depending on the type of account you have dont forget about the autogrant AA option in the AA window ( i think its there? ). That will give you some free AA but depends on the account you have, gold has it and there is no AA limit. The Autogrant AA gives AA up to a certain expansion so the newest you wont get but its still free for the basic ones.

For choices in AA i think this is a good list ( found it somewere ) :

1. max out as much defensive and hp increasing aa per level as possible
    2. melee crits and finishing blow and stat caps
    3. spell crits and duration and maybe DoT (if that's your thing)
    4. Paragon (both types)
    5. pet stuff (at least a couple things like crits/defensive and definitely discipline/affinity/suspend minion)
    6. agro reduction utility
    7. nat. invis, play possum and lev aa when they become available

Personally i think i would grade pet defensive and offensive a bit higher.

If you have the Autogrant option it might not be worth it to do many AAs in the beginning as most will be granted anyways.
    Margot Heart likes this.
  7. Gru_Pikeys Journeyman

Also check out the hot zones. These give you extra EXP per kill so leveling will go a bit faster.
    Franklin Teek is the NPC in PoK that will tell you which is for your level. Experiment a bit if you want to try one higher or lower....

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Hotzones

As others mentioned. Really check out the PoP Planes of Power zones, i think those might be beter / easier. Also Prophecy of Ro and The Serpents Spines i found to be nice.
    Margot Heart likes this.
  8. Margot Heart Elder

Hey and thanks alot man!
    Im on the AB server .
    What is paragon?
  9. Drusi Augur

Margot Heart likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

Bst pretty much only functions at high level thanks to targeting self with Focused Paragon. It needs the cure clicky code that makes it auto-self when targeting mobs real bad.
    Margot Heart likes this.
  11. Margot Heart Elder

Oh i got it allready on my hotbars i just have to make sure im targetting myself when clicking it then ?
    Thank you
  12. Margot Heart Elder

i also got this fortifty companion ability do i use it on myself or the pet?
    and Hobble of spirits?
  13. Brohg Augur

Those buff your pet. No need to targer
    Margot Heart likes this.
  14. Margot Heart Elder

Fantastic! Thanks guys ! Anybody knows where to get the enhanced minion 2 ability btw?
    I got one for lvl 86 that i cant use yet .
    Thanks
    Margot Heart
  15. Brohg Augur

You're 86? Use Enhanced Minion XIII. High level magicians incidentally poop out Imprint of the Enhanced Minions sometimes, which are no use to them at the level they get em. You target yourself with the click to get a 4 hour pet focus on you, boosting your warder if you then summon him, and any werewolves you happen to cast while it lasts.
  16. Margot Heart Elder

No im at 76 currently i got the 86 imprint from a mage.
    I heard that there are lower level versions tho that u can get from certain gear so u dont have to use spells or temporary buffs
  17. Lynnia Augur

the Imprint of the Enhanced Minion on my 86 beastlord actually makes the pet LOWER level. I'm told at 88, beastlord can use it to get a higher pet.
  18. Brohg Augur

because bst pet spell isn't 86, you're actually still 83 and just pretending? m'kay
  19. Margot Heart Elder

Got to 77 today doing Much better thanks to some help from some awsome People online .
    Also playing on and enjoying my enchanter on Agnarr .
    Thanks Heart Margot
  20. Margot Heart Elder

I can't play this class.
    Killing lightblues takes minutes to kill , i got one dawnlight fistwrap and Fearpoint both recommended lvl75 weapons both augmented, its sooo slow , and if i start using magic like dots and the ice spell magic is drained on one or two encounters.
    Also the pet keeps dying and looses all bufffs and i have to do it all over again,
    im using all the buffs i currently have and pretty decent weapons (i think) but struggle to kill light blues.
    On my lvl 30 berzerker light blues are dead in seconds and i can even handle two or more reds sometimes.
    Think i have to give up on this class i dont understand it .
    Also buffing up the character before even thinking of engaging anything takes several minutes,
    What am i missing how can people enjoy this class and say that it's a Good class? what am i missing/doing wrong?