Fixed Internally String not found error upon LD

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mukkul, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Mukkul Augur

When I'm playing EQ and lose my internet connection and go link-dead, this is the screen that my EQ session ends up on eventually.

"ERROR: String not found. (0) [OK]"

[IMG]
    Nniki likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not sure I understand. If your internet goes out of course your going to get errors.

If you get your internet connection going again and restart the game then is this the error you get?
  3. Mukkul Augur

No the game should never display a string not found error. Whenever it does that, it means they messed up a pointer to a message line of text. At most, we should instead get an informational message about the connection being lost.
  4. Nniki Augur

Here's what it looks like:
    [IMG]

Edit: actually see original post had image too but broken embed
  5. niente Developer

We have a ticket to work on this internally, basically when I changed how login server failure responses work I broke all the "timeout" errors because they are different and special. The cases where you see this should just say "Error - a timeout occurred."
    Nennius, Nniki, Metanis and 3 others like this.
  6. Ballplayer New Member

I'm getting the same error message today so I guess it wasn't fixed internally. My internet is up and working perfectly fine on multiple devices. However I can't log into EQ. It's the only thing not working. I've even tried port forwarding.
  7. Derd Augur