Strength of Tunare (62) VS Strength of the Hunter (67)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Religious, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Religious Elder

Strength of Tunare: 92 Attack, 125 HP
    Strength of the Hunter: 75 Attack, 155 HP

I had to look into this a bit when i attempted to cast Strength of the Hunter and it refused to overwrite the lesser version, Strength of Tunare.

Lucy:Strength of Tunare
    Lucy:Strength of the Hunter
    EQResource:Strength of Tunare
    EQResource:Strength of the Hunter

So, my question is why is the spell that's supposed to be an upgrade to our HP/Attack line in Omens of War, a downgrade instead to our Planes of Power version? I'm assuming this is a mistake?
  2. Baldur Augur

Yeah, I noticed this as well. I'll still be using tunare, because 17 attack > 30 hps.

I wouldn't hold your breath on them fixing this though. I entered a ticket for the enchanter group clarity spell (it's worse than single target clarity by a lot) to be fixed a year and a half ago and it's still just sitting out there.
  3. Religious Elder

Can we get some kind of developer acknowledgment here? Currently this spell has no use of any kind come OOW.
  4. Numiko Augur

According to the Spell data history on Lucy the attack was increased on Strength of the Hunter from 75 to 127 back in 2007, could this just be a case where a dev. never updated the text related to the spell?
  5. Finchy Augur

looks like they changed it back shortly after?

2008-01-16 00:57 Changed Slot 1 from "Increase ATK by 127 " to "Increase ATK by 75 "
    2007-10-01 23:10 Changed Slot 1 from "Increase ATK by 75 " to "Increase ATK by 127 "
  6. Numiko Augur

Now that is strange, the original bump was at the same time SoT got bumped from 60 to 92.

wonder why it got reversed on the SoH.
  7. Numiko Augur

I looked up the patch notes from the day it was reduced and found this:

- The attack benefit bestowed by Strength of the Hunter and Strength of the Forest Stalker has been reduced to appropriate values after the ranger innate attack boost was moved to AAs instead.

for some reason they never did revert the bump that Strength of Tunare has gotten at the same time. Must have been an oversight, which has created this strange progression on the spells.
  8. Finchy Augur

yeah, sounds like at the time Tunare was too outdated they didn't feel the need to change it or it got over looked. Would be nice if one of the devs would take a peek at this and bump the value back up so it becomes useful again :D
  9. Aziuno Augur

Or.. Bring Tunare back down in line
    You are indirectly asking for a nerf!!
  10. Machentoo Augur

Nice work getting Tunare nerfed guys!
  11. Numiko Augur

now, now.. Returned to appropriate values! (and who knows if they actually will do anything)

What amazes me is that in almost 10 years of it being this way, no one at Daybreak / SoE noticed this omission...
  12. Finchy Augur

if you have noticed, there is a ton of crap involved in this game. A lot of the decade old issues are buried, and DBG isn't looking for situations like this, and only look into it when it's brought up like it is now. Can't blame devs for changes made 9-10 years ago :p

Hopefully we can get one to look into this, and boost the attack on hunter to where it was adjusted in 07
  13. -wycca Augur

There is some humor in the fact that the OP's request pointed out an oversight that would result in a nerf. I guess be happy you got some OP attack boost for years? =P
  14. Lankie Augur

Good work, this has now been fixed. Patch notes.

Ranger - Reduced the amount of ATK added by Strength of Tunare to 60
  15. Religious Elder

I had PM'd the thread link to Aristo as well just to be safe. Glad they were able to bring it back in line with where it should be. Brant gave me some giggles over it though. Well worth the time to ensure properly balanced gameplay. Thanks guys.