Strange question - Thuliasaur Island undead

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Velisaris_MS, May 29, 2018.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

So, I have this lingering question about the undead on Thuliasaur Island in TDS...purely for curiousity's sake. I don't know if it's a bug or something else. It's just one of those things that gnaws at me that I'd like an answer to.

The undead that wander the beach where you get off the boat are KOS to everyone except my cleric. I can walk freely among them with no ITU (I think the faction message is indifferent) while any other character gets attacked.

My cleric is erudite and worships Quellious. I can't remember if other erudite characters were non-kos as well.

Do those undead have some unknown faction in play? I just find it wierd that they seem to hate everyone else, but tolerate my character. I wonder if there's some obscure faction I raised at some point that affects them.

Any other erudite characters experience this?
  2. Brigand311 New Member

Because clerics are one of the classes that gets innate invis to undead. I realize auto-grant is nice but it pays to look through AA's ;)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  3. Funk Augur

Read the post next time, he clearly said he walks freely with no ITU. I realize it's fun to just glance at posts then write a condescending sentence but it pays to read.;)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  4. svann Augur

Im guessing he thought innate meant it was up all the time.
  5. Funk Augur

He told op it pays to look through aa's that would also apply to him reading those same aa's and would know ITU is an on demand buff, not up at all times.

But about the OP's question I actually vaguely remember taking a gnome cleric there and I think he was non-kos also to those guys. Makes me want to test it now, will get back with results'=)
  6. Funk Augur

I guess cleric wasn't flagged I was going to test it and run out there. Sorry I couldn't help.
  7. Brigand311 New Member

Aww poor Funk, reading into things more than was intended. While I am guilty of assuming he's running around with rank 2 of IVU up (you know the one that's permanent/has no timer if you don't break it?) you don't know that he didn't either. People do that kind of stuff all the time and go 'oh but I never cast it" even they they did previously and forgot.

Surprisingly, it's being an erudite that makes them indifferent , I went out and illusioned with an agnostic character and they went from scowling to indiff.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Well, the lore for that zone says the undead are the ghosts of a group of Combine adventurers that died off. So, it's possible they were a group of erudites, and that's why they're OK with erudites? My god, could there actually be depth to in-game lore?

Thanks all.