STOP the AFK Botters already. Please?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dalekx, Nov 20, 2018.

1. code-zero Augur

I'm specifically talking about a group standing in the middle of a fort with a lot of Sarnak with the tank pulling, corpses piling up, everyone is AFK, no one responds to /tell and I can charm and take their mobs off to be killed by my group without getting an angry response for half an hour or so until we got bored of playing with them.
  2. Thugrok New Member

I box and if alt-tab is a third party software then I should be banned I guess. No need for blanket statements that all boxers are using a third party software.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Understood!
  4. Bartleby Journeyman

If a Botter isnt Immediately camping when you come within a few feet of them? Train them. Those programs have safe falls that make it so if someone is trying to get a quest item and whatever they will stop, if they arent smart enough to be running those safe guards? They certainly arent smart enough to figure out who trained them
  5. Thugrok New Member

6. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Actually thinking of it I know she isn't using a bot program or at least not a good one lol. When I first got back I noticed she had miss priced extraplanar silk at 15000 instead of 1500, I think it was mostly grumblebelly and partly me who ran the price up to it's current 3100 per silk. I have my suspicions who is grumblebelly but no matter. I sold her four of them as a sort of warning her price was wrong I had enough silk to clear out her buyline but couldn't bring myself to do it. Mostly because it was a honest mistake on her part and partly because I can't bring myself to part with all my inventory I only had about 40 of them at the time. Would have been a nice payday for me and I needed the money too at the time. Anyway very next day I noticed there was a arbitrage opportunity in Conflagrant platnuim. All the buyers still had it for buy at over 14kp per plat while the bazaar was down to 10kp plat per bar, I bought out everything in the bazaar under 14kp and managed to clear out everyone one of her buylines and a couple of the other buyers as well. Was nice. I think i am the only buyer of it now at 1kp per. Anyways I don't think those mistakes would be made if someone was using a program.

She just plays hard is all. I used to fight her on the sell side as well. She had developed a trick where if you had so many sellers and enough of the same product for sale in her case it was merchant feasts and merchants brew. Well when you stopped and started your merchant you would go to the top of the list in bazaar. If you had enough for sale over all your sellers you could knock someone right off the list. Even though i had lots of feasts and brews for sale I never showed up in bazaar searches. I still laugh when i think how frustrated I was at first. She really got me fired up to fight back at the time. Anyway there was a big price war I was constantly price advertising which i don't like to do as i feel it is spamming. In the end I came onto these forums cried and moaned about it and to DGBs credit they patched a fix within a week or two. Anyways I noticed unless your spoiling for a fight price matching is the way to go in barter.
  7. Kidiani Journeyman

Just my input...
    Not going to read ALL the thread so if it's been said I apologize in advance.

I use to drink heavily and pass out playing then wake up the next morning either dead (usually) or still killing, etc. Could be accused of afk killing.

Second with all the trouble of logging on at times if I leave for awhile to do errands and don't want to have to run back to where I am. I will but stay there afk. I would hate to get banned for that.

/shrug
  8. Funnything Journeyman

not every VM software is detected and the ones that are, are easy to change. On coirnav its one account per computer so youd need VM's to take advantage of those CPUs.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

I really don't know why all have so much problems with botters around.

I LOVE them!

Heading with group into OT and did cc -> no answer.
    Second try: "are there only botters here?" -> no answer

About 3 groups botting in all corners.

Cool -> they all avoid Named and spawn one Named after the other. Run into about 6 Named in a row while heading from bot group to bot group and killing my way clean. And no complains.

I LOVE botters!

Thank you ;)
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Spokompton New Member

That is some classic cold blooded EQ if it's true... The same guy probably auctioned cheap Fungi Tunic in the old EC tunnel only to offer up the Giant Lords Tunic at trade time... But nothing was more fun than to pretend to fall into their trap, heap all that plat in the trade window, only to back out of the trade... ROFL
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Not one staff member comments.
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You aren't Redbeer are you??
    :D