STOP the AFK Botters already. Please?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dalekx, Nov 20, 2018.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Please be sure you report them as you find them. Obviously cheaters are a problem. And if you read through this thread, not a single person has stated, 'Let's be nice to cheaters.'

Be well.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

And you still can't provide any proof of your statement. hahahahahahaha
  3. slayerofbats Augur

It shouldn't need any proof. Look at how many boxers and botters there are in the game. Look on the forums for the 2 main types of boxing software. It is a huge part of this game whether you like it or not. Also there is a whine post at least once a week that goes ignored which is also your proof. Think about it?

It is not 1999 anymore. People have moved on. At least try to keep up.
  4. Buri Augur

I use Everquest and Everquest to box... I wasn't aware you needed anything else? I've played for a very long time, and I don't even know anyone who uses 2nd party software, with the exception of Gina.
  5. slayerofbats Augur

You don't need anything else, but most people use boxing software. And on the stupid progression servers, some people use hardware to box too, like keyboard splitters and whatnot. But no doubt everyone just uses boxing software on those servers too and the GMs are wary of banning people because they are paying customers. And like I said, they could just ban them all easily. They don't because they need the money. The none progression servers are anything goes. People box entire raids.
  6. Zanarnar Augur

1) don't pretend you know how every person on the TLP servers plays. For example I have never and will never box on TLP. (or live, or anywhere... if I wanted to play a game were I control a party, I'd play one designed that way)

2) And this is my bigger issue... why have rules you can't enforce DBG? Or ones you won't bother to? All that does is create opportunities for discrimination by GM's. (GM likes you, you get away with it... if they don't you get banned/suspended/etc) Either code something in to reliably detect this and enforce the penalty, hire enough staff to do so, or just remove the rule already.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

I'm pretty sure that due to an agreement between some of the 3rd party software providers and Daybreak you aren't even able to log on to a true box server with those apps running.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

^^^This guy gets it.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hahaha Now that's funny.
  10. Terethian Elder

Simple fix to remove the majority of afk botters:

1. Remove all mercs ( Not gonna happen.)
    2. Remove advloot (Not gonna happen.)

Using complex scientific computations based on these findings I have reached the following conclusion:

Not gonna happen.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Look, gang. There are only so many resources to go around. Would you prefer they spend those resources chasing down botters and bringing them to justice? Or fixing bugs, improving the game engine, tweaking content, and retrieving our Secondary Anchors?
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Yes.

Also lets be honest, they aren't doing the latter anyways. They're working on the new live xpac and seemingly nothing else right now.

What I'd like them to do is either enforce their rules, tweak them so they can, or remove them. If I set a speed limit at 35 on a road but never ticket anyone speeding... whats the point of the 35mph speed limit? Same for a lot of the EQ rules.
  13. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Mintalie are you LOVETOBUY? Are you talking about Xegony server? I am one of the buyers on that server, I am Watlitil. I've only returned about 2 or 3 months ago but my buyer has been getting tons of stuff. I think I know the buyer your talking about. I don't think she is using any programs, You can beat her price but you have to come back in the middle of the night to do it, In the end not usually worth it she will then really compete with you. She will do it too on certain stuff she wants by waiting till your offline then raise by 5pp. I think she just mostly plays the bazaar game a lot more then grinding xp or anything else. Anyway if you raise prices high enough other buyers will dump on you. When lovetobuy took steel ingots over a thousand I dropped 500 on that buyer and her sinsin. Used to happen to me all the time. Hurt me to do it as I don't resell tradeskill supplies and always try to use it eventually but I couldn't turn down the quick money or hoping if i gave you what you wanted you would price to match after.

When i want things I just match prices, you wont get as much as running the price up but you will get a steady stream over time.
    Mintalie likes this.
  14. Mintalie Augur

Yep, and I was more than happy to see you sell some of yours to me. It makes absolute sense. I think that other person gets off on blackballing the rest of us, who knows, but it sure is aggravating. And maybe they're not using a program--maybe they're sitting at their computer 24/7--but it is annoying AF to have your price beat by 1pp within a few minutes no matter how high you go!

Oh well, I managed to buy a metric youknowwhatton supply of things this morning because I was online at just the right time, so my short-term problem has been solved. :) (I mean, if you consider spending a mill a problem solver, but whatever.)

I also just returned two months ago, so I have an enormous sense of urgency to catch up on things, hence my frustration with the buying process. But hey, it's just a game, right?

And a lot of people have made a good point about the botters generating revenue for DBG. I don't like it, I don't support it, but I am a big-picture girl, and can acquiesce that they probably ensure the game continues, at least on some level. So it's one of those necessary evils.

Like tradeskilling.
  15. Funnything Journeyman

they need to fix virtual machines, when you have a 36 boxer on coirnav its gotten out of hand.
  16. SBC0 Elder

Who boxes 36 people on Coirnav?
  17. code-zero Augur

The fact of the matter is that they do in fact routinely ban accounts on a regular basis with frequent mass bannings.

They also give timeouts and bans for people who indulge in self help justice.

Now I have personally seen people with afk flags over their heads actively pulling and killing and reported them and seen them disappear from the game never to be seen again. I know that DBG will ban accounts but the fact is that they won't ban an account just because you say so.
  18. LJS69 New Member

So everybody just keep lowering their prices until as close to zero as possible, and they'll stop being able to do that without losing out on money (plat). Thus not needed to bot/farm anymore lol.
  19. Cleaver Augur

From my knowledge you get banned for using a VM and EQ it started awhile ago unless they changed that policy. I doubt you need them to run 30 + instances of eq anyway look at the current gen of CPUs with 16c/32t or 8/16. Its probably just about ram at this point.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Just FYI, some people/groups/raids use [Hide AFK Players] and then have everyone go AFK to help with lag. Not everyone with AFK over their heads is AFK.