STOP the AFK Botters already. Please?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dalekx, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Dalekx New Member

What can be done about AFK Bot Farmers?? I've tried multiple times to submit a ticket.. seems that isn't working... I understand that I could get banned for any kind of Frontier Justice...

What gives?? Remember when getting in contact with a GM was something possible???

On BristleBane Server... In Yeti Tunnels of LCE... go watch how Botting is done. That MEGA crew has been there for weeks, with 1 crew in front entrance area and one crew in back corner area.

Sure would be great if the community standards folks would end that dude's career.

The bigger problem is that; it isn't just happening there, or on just this server... The more this is allowed, the worse the experience is for the rest of us. By limiting our, the live players, options to do something about it sends us the message that it isn't something GMs care about.

Sadpanda.
  2. Mintalie Augur

What about bazaar buyers who are running forbidden programs to instantly increase their buy price anytime another buyer sets a price above theirs? This is a genuine issue. It's pretty much impossible to buy popular items because as soon as you set the highest price, one of these bot programs increases your competitor's price.

I'm all for free-market capitalism, but this is just downright cheating. I'm getting beyond annoyed trying to buy TS items for the Artisan's Prize, only to be thwarted at every turn.
  3. Tiggold Augur

Botters give the illusion of many subscribers. A company would want that whether true or not.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Arog Augur

I agree with you Mintalie about using third party programs as cheating. While I do not support the methods they are using, I can only hope in a free market it would correct itself. If the price gets high enough for farmed goods then maybe it will encourage players to actively farm those items and flood the market with the goods needed by buyers and then find an equilibrium price to supply. Thus correcting the need for auto-pricing because of the ample supply of goods. Of course that is the long term fix if nothing else is done. The short term fix would be for daybreak to just ban accounts using third party software.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The crafty player can figure out ways to beat them.
  6. Nindra New Member

Not defending unattended play at all, never have never will, but listen,

Banning afk botters is a question about rocking the boat, why risk it?
    It’s like u can swat a fly on one side of the world and the chain reaction that follows in unpredictable.
    So this guy, maybe he sells chase loot for 20 Kronos each week on bristlebane?
    That’s 20 fresh Kronos that in the end HAS to be bought from dbg... people LIKE chase loot, maybe they keep their sub now that they invested real money into their character? Etc...

it’s complicated, there is not an easy “just ban them” solution.
    And i would be very careful messing with the macro economics of eq if I where dbg. Pun not intended.

Just something to keep in mind.
    Pirlo and NeverPayForLag like this.
  7. NeverPayForLag Augur

oh guys.. this is so easy.. how about a bit action instead of complaints?

If somebody is selling and going below the usual price then simply get one part and make a price so that his automatic stuff will go into the cellar. Then buy everything in lowest price and he gets a surprise if he is on the system again - you simply turn it around. You can buy at the lowest price he has fixed. Then setup your own trader if he is empty and sell it for a higher price without his macro to be able to adapt. You make your millions...

If botters are completely preventing you from getting to a quest guy then simply make a big train and kick him into oblivion. Then you can test the flexibility of his macro. Reminds me of the guys at the entrance of Skyfire in OT on AB - named "get rich or die banned.." or something like that. You can also simply take 1-2 named into his camp. These automatics are not made for named creatures.

If botters farm something, loot their mobs if you need something - they don't care and let things rot which they don't need (if something is left).

If they are only there and you have a personal problem because of greed and envy (look into your mirror) then simply stop playing and make a meditation.

If they are only there and you moral issues only prevent from taking action and complaining then get mature and remove your blockage.and do something about it.

I am not a hot fan of it but as long as they don't disturb my "REAL" gameplay... so what? They are the reason why you normally have at least a chance to equip yourself with ultrarares...
    Bartleby likes this.
  8. code-zero Augur

You do realize with the fact that there's a no camp rule that you can take whatever it is that they're camping don't you? Just be sure to bring enough DPS.....
    Bartleby and Nennius like this.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

you are nasty.... code-zero ;)

but this is a nice thing for a bit PVP feeling...

attack the mob he is automatically attacking and get a bit more DPS then him.
    Then you only need to do about 51% damage and the rest is support from his botting group.

Wow... what a nice option.. I should try that one.. never thought about that - this is a nice powerlevel trick ;)
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

afk gameplay is against the rules
    training others is against the rules

Guess which one they would enforce if you tried a little frontier justice?

So ya, like code said, just KS as much as you can from them. If you can, use them to your advantage and do 51% to the mob then move to the next, if your fast enough you could have their little army help you finish each mob off while you rake in the xp/loot. :)
    Bartleby and Pirlo like this.
  11. Mintalie Augur

It's a clever idea. Maybe they are controlling the selling prices also--I pretty much only have collectibles on my trader and haven't noticed an issue with it, but, then again, I'm not obsessively checking like I am on my buyer. It's pretty easy to notice that something is fubared on the buyers when every day I log in and haven't bought a thing. Collectibles tend to sell in multiples every day.
  12. Melgaroth New Member

You realize that if DBG banned everyone who uses 3rd party software the game would pretty much die right?
    DJames, Fenthen, Bartleby and 2 others like this.
  13. NeverPayForLag Augur

for sure...
    So you better to cope with that...

On TLP this is simply a matter of a new style of game play. I wouldnt have any moral issue if people are camping for weeks the same spot with bots while others have no chance to play then simply make their bot army a misery. It is fun, really. Especially if their macros are still doing their job in PoK while no mob is present. Macroes at TLP are a complete no-go. Kick them. ;)

On Live this is never a issue. I had no single case where they "disturbed" my game play. They make their money but others have the advantage to get some ultra rares. I had played EOK progression about 3 times and got only some pieces which are not noteworthy. If you have the money you can pay it. If this wouldn't be possible then the most non-raiders would never get a chance for some decent gear. So what?

In EoK/FM I never had the issue not to make the progression. I did the Hunter Achievement a couple of times. No problems either. Some are blocking the way to Skyfire or Lcea with their bots but honestly? Run through it... no problem. Even kiting around is not a problem. And if you have problems, Exodus and they handle automatically the mob. In TBM they have some typical areas perma camped. No problem. If I need mobs I simply pull them from them. No problem.

If you have money issues then because you think there is a non-intelligent easy way to make money. Simply check how their system work and use it against them like in a strategic game - this is fun too. And the additional feature is that you learn how to handle a business. This is the same like in real life. No big difference. You can do the same principle on Ebay if you know your goods.

What makes me angry is a different thing: Warpers (a boxing, not botting group) which jumps around and killsteal your mobs with that advantage. That is the moment where I document every move and prepare for a petition in case they don't stop that while noobs are present. There are some guys doing that and these guys are always the same and mostly always in the same zone. Send a OOC that you petition their warping then they are gone instantly. Had some newbies to gear up in ToV some months ago. You recognize this when you reach the dragons or they disappear from track step by step while no mobs are killed on the way to the named except the mobs around the named when you reach them. The next time I will post all guys with their guilds here if they dare to do that again. If so, then at least they could check the zone for noobs who need the gear and ask for a cc instead of farming it probably for transfer to FV and easy money. That is not acceptable. Regardless if this is no rule from DGB anymore, this is a rule for respect. If they don't do it then I have means to enforce them to if I really want to. They will not be happy to see their name and guild in a post here. But that happened only twice and they got their warning and it didn't happen again. Ok for me, no trouble again...

There is a solution for everything.
  14. Daedly Augur

The real question is, are you absolutely sure they are afk playing? If you are, just because your invis dropped doesnt mean you shouldnt try and at least die at the camp you are going to so that you can just rezz there.

Just be nice enough to announce that your invis dropped and you have mobs following you in /ooc so they have time to move out of the way.
  15. segap Augur

When the same group is in the same place killing the same 5 mobs nearly 24x7 for over two years, I say it's safe to assume they're afk farming.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and moogs like this.
  16. code-zero Augur

That is the least creative and productive thing to possibly do when you have a a legitimate bot camp. There are a lot of other perfectly legitimate character abilities and items that allow you to coexist with them. Mem blur and charm come to mind. The Ribbon of Empathy has a really neat effect, Song of the Highsun is very nice as well.

Don't do silly things that'll get you banned because while you're in time out they're going to be right where you left them.

Learn the game!!!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Daedly Augur

Oh man, where can i go to learn the game? A website link would have been helpful.
  18. code-zero Augur

You're already here
    Daedly likes this.
  19. Daedly Augur

Touche lol, touche.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. Metanis Bad Company

Are you saying you can't figure out the support system? Or are you saying that you entered support tickets and they were ignored? If you entered tickets what was the DBG response to those tickets?
    svann likes this.