Stop paying the farmers. Stop it.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Warriorphinny New Member

I love being able to pay people to do my work for me in game I do not want to do. If they have the time and I have the krono it seems like a win / win situation.
  2. Let'sFarmSky New Member

You could always pay them to log onto your account and have them farm no drop crap or levels for you.

Paying people for no drop items is like I said, an abuse of mechanics and leads to monopolization. It's being extorted by the people who largely cheat too (you can only get the item through them).
  3. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

Whats the point of playing or satisfaction if you get someone to do it for you

I can understand paying someone to help you , but not do it for you
  4. Death Strudel Augur

The farmers have figured this out. That guy who camps in the hierophants room and pops through picks with his mages and cleric? I'm sure he's just an innocent player trying to get a hierophant cloak for himself.

There is only one solution, and it is the ultimate solution and that is to just enable item purchases on the store. There is no way to compel people to play the game as it was intended, there is no way to police the server and remove the farmers, all you can do is squeeze them out of business. Let the pay to win people pay for their items so that the rest of us can play for them.
  5. lovecheese45 New Member

I paid for my Jeldorin because I did not want to farm Chardok. Granted, I sold everything on Phini to pay for it.
  6. lovecheese45 New Member

You are right. They kill a mob then pick to a new zone and kill it even if there's a group there already. I've had that happen on my enchanter before.
  7. Let'sFarmSky New Member

There is a hero (some unguilded monk) that routinely trains them at least.
    Risiko likes this.
  8. lovecheese45 New Member

The real MVP there. I would if I had a monk.
  9. MHD90 Journeyman

the whole reason for agnarr to exist was to continue neckbeards and other lowlifes to make money. DBG knows what would happen and lets it happen. Many DBG play this game and understand what happens, but they turn a blind eye to it, because they are friends with some of the toons that do this. Its an easy fix but farmers need their meth.
  10. lobos Journeyman

Yeah those farmers also farm spore king at the same time in multiple picks.. hnlene agnfua mazy etc. I had them try to kick me out of my hiero camp til I logged in 2 more boxes lol they were easy to scare off.
  11. lovecheese45 New Member

What would be awesome is if they removed Kronos from these servers... but that affects with their income so won't happen.
    asfasfasfasf likes this.
  12. asfasfasfasf Augur

That doesn't sound Classic at all :/
  13. Let'sFarmSky New Member

Krono isn't so much the problem. RMT is and lack of enforcement of RMT (as well as other issues, like 3rd party software and botting) is. If there was no Krono, people would just trade in plat.
  14. Renshu Augur

Yup. And instead of using Krono, people would just sell PP for $$
  15. NoWay Augur

16. Risiko Augur

I heard a bard singing about him one time in a tavern. It went something like this...

If you're having trouble with farmer fred... he's giving you the blues...
    you wanna heirophant but he makes you dead... here's what you gotta do...
    send me a tell... I'm always on... tell me anytime...
    just ring 36 24 36 hey.. I live a life of crime...!

Dirty deeds... Done dirt cheap!
    Dirty deeds... Done dirt cheap!
    Darchias likes this.
  17. Ethereal Augur

Coming from you, the guy who literally creates 3 threads a week complaining and crying...
    McJumps and Renshu like this.
  18. Ethereal Augur

You're wasting keyboard strokes. Meet Risiko, check his post history, all he does is complain. His natural state is negativity.
    Reht likes this.
  19. Risiko Augur

LOL. You funny
  20. Redeux New Member

It is a simple fact, people will pay real money for a bunch of pixels.
    If you can't clone krono, it all comes from Day Break, $17.99 a pop, $16.99 in bulk.
    Watch the auction channel on Agnarr and see the items for multiple krono.
    20krono means DB made $359.80.
    So to resolve the problem with krono farmers, DB needs to make money.
    People pay money for things that are hard to get / time consuming.

Make everything in EQ available in the DB store.
    Price point, epic is equal to one month subscription.
    New currency would be playtime points.
    ( do a /played and you get time played on the account and on that toon)
    A set amount of time played on each toon gives you the option to buy playtime points, for that toon only.
    You can't buy anything above your level.
    If necessary redo time played so AFK time does not count.

People that buy items from DB would undercut krono farmers.
    Linking the ability to buy items to time played would reward players with that item they've been farming for a long time, but can't get to drop.

For those of us who prefer to do it the old fashioned way, more open camps.