Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. guado Augur

should have been called Plane of Nightmare 2, that would be more accurate
    beryon and Arioch like this.
  2. shimazuul Journeyman

Does anyone remember how to get past the locked doors in PoE or PoE b? this could open up more farming areas.
  3. Syrup Augur

Not sure how playing on a different server is considered "cheating"
    Wouldn't the content released on test... be the actual release? (seeing as how it's in the game, and accessible to every single player)

It's 100% a matter of being prepared.
    Had you been prepared and farmed these items last week when earth was a ghost town....
    You wouldn't be at a bottleneck, you would be experiencing new content.
  4. fransisco Augur

There are no trees back there. Its caves full of golems that lead to PoE b
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Doesn't really matter which way you spin it, it ain't about being prepared. The only necessary thing about being prepared for new content is to be properly geared and AA prior to launch.
    beryon and Shimmerleaf like this.
  6. Syrup Augur

Clearly not the case, when there is a thread full of people complaining about an item, the drop rate, and the competition for what they could have been farming all week.

People who were prepared are in PoW enjoying new content, people who were unprepared are sitting in earth tabbing to the forums to complain.

There's no "spin" to it.
  7. Drakang Augur

Guess we know why they delayed the War raid. Nobody would be able to get enough in to get to an NPC to zone in and plant a banner even lol.
    beryon likes this.
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

The only spin here is from you.
    You weren't "prepared", you were just "lucky" in so far as you (or someone you know) plays on Test and gave you a heads up. The vast majority of players do not play on test. And unless someone posted here or in game about this - how would anyone really know?
    But yes, you were prepared alright. Prepared to have have farmed ahead and qouge the people on your server for the items. What a swell guy you are.
    -Rat
    Narye, Petts, Grelthur and 4 others like this.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

If you say so, bud. Enjoy your world view.
    sula likes this.
  10. Triconix Augur

Anything not in actual servers is not real content. Spin it however you want, but it wasn't out on live servers until today. And I still stand by my point. I don't test things in game until they are actually out. It's usually more enjoyable to learn events when they are released instead of learning them weeks prior. Much like most raid guilds doing beta raids and learning the events before its actually out and then having the content on farm for months at a time.
    sula likes this.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Apparently everyone should devote all their time to test to know what is about to come into the game live. I'm sure everyone would enjoy doing every quest in the game twice.
  12. Ranar Lorekeeper

Just plain stupid.......

am so happy new content was release today ... spent over 3 hours in plane of earth (released in what 2001?) farming bow shafts....

still no bow shaft..

Great game content there Dev's
  13. Syrup Augur

Logging into test to check out new zone/content hardly takes devotion.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The only way anyone would have known they needed the staff was to actually do the quest. So yes, to be prepared as you put it it would require everyone to do every quest twice to figure out what is what.
    beryon and sula like this.
  15. Edrick Augur

Not even that, you could just join various channels, mainly test.general. Just by doing that I knew to go in advance to Plane of Earth, and got enough parts to build a bow plus an extra staff I gave to big poppa.
    Rorce likes this.
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

Why so into this content and thread?
    New board member in January.
    Never thought to post about much anything until today??
    Ya - this is all legit. ;)
    -Rat
  17. guado Augur

SO glad sony doesn't believe in camps
    Leerah likes this.
  18. Edrick Augur

Ugh. What are you going on about here?
    Sinestra likes this.
  19. Ruven_BB Augur

With my limited experience in this zone today, it is designed for the upper limit of players, not the general masses.

If you were expecting a hard core heritage approach that allow relatively easy upgrades of t3/t4 raid gear, its not going to happen.

If you are a causal player, I wouldn't worry about the bows, or anything in PoW for the time being.

Now if we could please get the other half of the expansion we paid for, I would appreciate it.

Ruven
  20. Garshok Augur

I would agree with you if I thought that people were p!$$y simply about having to farm an item with a 2-3% drop rate. I think what people are p!$$y about is that it only drops from a dozen mobs. Total.

Make a slew of current level mobs drop the item at the same, or lower, drop rate? No problem. No sympathy on folks complaining about that. Make me kill a few hundred current level mobs to get what I need to progress? All for it.

Being one of dozens of toons sitting in PoE waiting for repops of the (dozen or so) trees in zone, and then watching a flurry of activity reminiscent of the MG in DSH the year it came out? If that is someone's vision of 'hard content'...bleh.

I'm hoping that SOE makes the staff drop on mobs in other zones. I'd prefer that the bottleneck be that we have to kill a lot of something rather than...kill an Arborean...set timer for 15 minutes...watch Netflix...kill Arborean.... While that is certainly 'hard' in the sense of tiresome, burdensome, wearying, etc., I wish it was 'hard' in a more active sense of the word
    beryon and Iwenn like this.