Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Sebbina Augur

I checked Poearth this morning and there were just 2 folk there killing trees, so less then 2 weeks and are serious breaks in the crush for trees.
    Sinestra and Elricvonclief like this.
  2. Zantor Augur

Well that is your opinion, I know a lot of people that are saying this zone sucks, once they get a few items they want they are never coming back, same for me, I can see anti pet tanking mechanics on named, but even when they aren't pet tanking a name, with a real tank, nothing the tank can do to get the named off of the mage till the mage is dead, now that is just wrong. makes them useless on named. Not saying to make this zone easy, but can change a few things to will make way more people like this zone way better. AE's some of the trash have, like the Berserker and Fury's mobs I think are a bit much, they nuke down raid gear tanks in few secs flat.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

The zone is perfectly fine as it is and there's no reason for it to be changed from its intended design.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  4. Edrick Augur

The reavers and furies can be dealt with as long as you're paying attention. Counterattack is nasty. It is so cool that the developers essentially brought Enrage back. When you see a fury pop off counterattack (make an AT) either duck or switch to your ALEX. If you don't, the fury will essentially pick you up by your scrawny neck and say "Quit hitting yourself, quit hitting yourself. NERRRRRDDDSSSSSS!" and then you die.
    Sirene_Fippy and Elricvonclief like this.
  5. Warpiggs Augur

I bought a Stonewood Bow Staff for 500k the day PoWar went live, I had the other materials to do the combine. In that time I have made 1.5 million off selling just regular drops on my trader (I did not sell 1 thing to make a stonewood bow). Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little :) There was no way I was going to go to a zone with 10 mobs that drop that specific item). I just do not have the patience to deal with disrespectful people. So all in all i got access to Strife on my own for 500k. I killed an easy named in Field of Blood and got my gem (thank god!)
    Mykaylla and Elricvonclief like this.
  6. Elricvonclief Augur

So, basically, we have folks whining they can't box or pet tank or do stuff easymode while AFK vs folks who enjoy tough content which requires paying attention while grouping/mini raiding with their friends. For the best stuff that drops outside of raids....

Hmmmm.... Maybe you should have built up your friends list ? This is a MMORPG btw...

I agree that the PoEarth bow stave is a major pita, but the rest... :p
    Axem the Great likes this.
  7. Regkosh New Member

Yesterday morning I logged in and there were bow staffs / bows selling for 20K - 60K plat. I went to work. No more bows or parts for sale when I got home, unless you wanted to spend 300K plat+.

So I went to PoE. I finally got a camp after being nice (immediately on zone in got tells saying "x is camped"). Cool. I wasn't there to jump a camp. By being patient, I got my own camp.

I spent 7+ hours camping just the few trees by the zone in before I got even 1 bow staff to drop. And had to fend of kill stealers and monks running around with trains who knew the spawn times and would drop a train in my lap just as a tree spawned. Not fun at all.

They should make the requirement any Planar bow....nightmare/obsidion/featherwood/stonewood for this quest, and up the drop rate on the staffs in all of those zones.
  8. Drakang Augur

war zone is good.

Stupid timesinks on quests like the bow and more to come on the progression tasks are the stupid part.

Making single person quests take multiple play sessions to complete is not extending the life of content its making people think why bother.
  9. Mykaylla Augur

Pishtwaddle you haven't, sir. :p
    Kelefane likes this.
  10. Endo Journeyman

The funny/sad part of this whole thread is that all these people don't even realize yet that the bow staff doesn't even make into the top 5 annoying frustrating massive time-sinks that are part of the whole PoW quest arc.

This step is easy mode compared to what you have in front of you to finish out all PoW access areas.

Welcome back to the age of PoP for real.
  11. Iila Augur

I'd like the exp mod to be higher, so I can actually get back exp lost on dying or glyphs while in there.
  12. Edrick Augur

There is a new word I am going to attempt to add to my vocabulary. Thank you.
    Fenthen and Mykaylla like this.
  13. Denhbers Elder

Not. Even. Close.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I went through an entire load of saved AAs using Lost Secrets in one session. Would definitely like to see more xp per kill in a 6 toon group.
  15. Edrick Augur

I just got a third character flagged for Strife, and instead of getting the "You do not meet the requirements for this area. You will be removed in two minutes." a single time when you enter, he is getting it every time. Zoning and camping isn't fixing it. Has anyone else found a way to fix this?
  16. Gnomeland Augur

What's messed up about this zone, and I've said this from the start, is that even in ten levels it won't be available to a decent chunk of the player base.

Mercs are incapable of tanking - and to a lesser degree DPSing and healing - this zone. They simply do not work with the mechanics. Doesn't matter the amount of levels you get over the zone.

Same with pets. The mechanics stop them cold. Doesn't matter the amount of levels you get over the zone.

Trickle down does not work when you put in hard restrictions of this sort. It's the same with old raids that require, say, 18 people to activate a script.

Such restrictions have a habit of causing problems later down the line. Just look at the complaint posts about Solteris and Deathknell mechanics today.
  17. Tarrin Augur

So everything should be watered down for groups relying on mercs and boxers?

Why should *every single zone* be able to by facerolled without the least bit of paying attention?

If a zone is able to be done with mercs..boxes..whatever..that means there is no way for it to be hard for a full group. And as a healer, I will once again go back to NetFlixing in every single group I get into.
    Iila, Tour and Elricvonclief like this.
  18. Gnomeland Augur

You need to read carefully, because you aren't responding to what I said.

In ten levels, there won't be live groups available to do the zone. The only way to do it is going to be with mercs and boxes. In the same way that nobody raids Solteris today, nobody is going to bring a full group, much less two, to PoWar in ten levels.

There aren't enough incentives in PoWar for people to be full grouping it in ten levels. However, there are still going to be people who want 1-2 specific items from the zone, who want to see it for the sake of seeing it, etc. Such people won't be able to find groups to do PoWar with.
  19. Tarrin Augur

Oh well?

If you can't find 5 friends to help you, then...sorry?

Up until a year ago I ran Solteris weekly.

A guildmate recently wanted to get his 2.5, so he rounded up a bunch of people and we knocked it out.

I always thought that is what "guildies" and "friends" do.
  20. Voth Elder

I thought they were for extorting money and slave labor :eek: