Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. WDWolf Journeyman

Yes. My guess is they didn't update the quest from PoP days...or bother to check how inviolved it is.
  2. Tarrin Augur

Yep!
  3. Riou EQResource

Yes
  4. Riou EQResource

It makes sense to be the Earth bow, you are helping Rallos minions and that who hate the creatures of Earth :p
  5. Marshall Maathers Augur

My understanding was their original intent was to need you to have access to PoW before elemental access. This would mean they couldn't have had the stonewood bow as part of the progression originally.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Kolani Augur

I made one for myself in PoP. Took 20+ attempts, before Salvage. I'm not repeating this. If you think the bow is bad, wait for the clockwork grease.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Grease is easy. Just pop on up to beza or zeka.
    Grelthur likes this.
  8. smash Augur

grease = easy
  9. Kolani Augur

Oh, it drops there? I was remembering the two days foraging in PoInnovation for two forages.
  10. Grelthur Elder

or any of the other zones off of and including Fort Mech
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Very easy on grease just get a MG instanced ive been selling grease for years very easy to get. Havent played much in MG since cotf but I used to have people that would always buy all the grease I had my guess they made bows for tribute for pp.

Andarriel
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Can even forage grease In MG instanced. Mass killing is easier though hehe.

Andarriel
  13. Uuvin Augur

just 2 days ago someone offered me 15k each. so I started farming. they got 9 bows off me - I had no idea. today I feel violated. 6 hours I get 4 bows staves and no one was in zone at the time. now I have to go back for myself.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I feel somewhat bad because I had some stonewood staffs in my bags and got tired of carrying around so I sold to vendor lol got around 23pp each for them /shakes head.

Andarriel
  15. CaptAmazing Augur

Aren't they going to be a very common drop off the named in PoWar as well?
  16. Anuulified Elder

This has got to be a joke. Prices on these bows went from 2500pp to 500k pp currently in bazaar. PP Sales folks are perma-camped in POEarth for the staff. Some dev needs to post a reply to this, as in, is there another way to get the bow, i.e. vendor purchase with faction or are we once again at the mercy of PP salesmen who have tinkerers and fletchers to get it done by themselves?
  17. Drakang Augur

Or at least add the stonewood bow staff to trees in other zones to spread out the insanity
    Revalla and sula like this.
  18. Edrick Augur

That would make no sense lore wise.
  19. Riou EQResource

Back then yea, but nowadays you're going to SoD zones and that too, it was for sure probably totally revamped to fit more modern stuff in game sort of
  20. Anuulified Elder

Yea, I just checked the Plane of Storms, doesn't appear they put staffs on treants there.