Stone Tear!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vmas, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Hiladdar Augur

If it ends up being a type 3 aug, is there any chance it will also have +8 to dodge on it?

Currently some players still use the Icy Prism of Avoidance, as a type 3 aug, which is bought from the LDoN vendor in Everfrost.
  2. roth Augur

It has a Defense skill mod on it. It really does not need a Dodge skill mod on it as well.
  3. Caudyr Augur

I think the difference in the two is that the shawl aug had ac/hem/heroics/etc on it.

I seriously doubt this tear will get all that, though I don't even have the lvl 1 one so I can't tell what the last level one will yield. ;)
  4. Abazzagorath Augur

The stats added are just mod3s basically, so no worries about that anyway.
  5. Forcallen Augur

Defense works for everyone but tbh for lots it pretty much does nothing to really help them for the time invested to finish it. Would have been nice if the added stats added some more flavor to those who gain little from 5% or even 45% more defensive mods.

Either way still a great idea and I hope stuff like this gets carried forward in the future but has some other options added for classes that try to avoid being hit at all costs or go splat.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Not sure if this has been answered already, but when the changes go into effect will it be like last time where your tear will auto level up several levels to catch up to the new baselines? Or will my lvl 7 tear remain lvl 7 after the patch, with only less XP to reach each level?
  7. Hiladdar Augur

Icy Prism of Avoidance is obtainable at level 65, and a type 3 aug, with only +8% to dodge.

Currently the Stone Tear, adds +10 points to Defense, and will get some other mods, while becoming a type 3 aug once clicked.

Adding 8% dodge to the stone tear, will benefit every player, since dodge is a skill used by every class, from cleric to warrior. At the same time, it will not tie up two type 3 aug slots at the higher levels, while providing a natural upgrade for level 65 aug that a lot of players still use at level 100.
  8. roth Augur

As far as I know, they cannot put both Defense and Dodge onto the item.

You will likely have greater luck getting them to turn that 7, 8 10% Dodge aug into a 3 slot 10% Dodge aug.
  9. Vmas Elder

Its autolevel, for me its jumped from lvl 12 75% to lvl 14 50% )
  10. serverhelper Journeyman

/sigh... What do the rest of us get that actually got off our collective butts and finished the tear already?
  11. Warpiggs Augur

A cookie and cold glass of milk?
  12. Whatever Journeyman

You got to use its benefits for longer.
  13. Axxius Augur

A proof of OCD? :)
    Iila and Kelefane like this.
  14. Kelefane Augur

Basement stank begone.
  15. serverhelper Journeyman

Seriously though, why don't you just GIVE these people the fully evolved tear. People complain that its a time sink... so what, it's the one thing that gave me something to do when all the other things were done.
    I ENJOY a challenge, it's an EASY challenge that takes a LONG time. But, nooooo whiners R us stepped up to the plate yet again and ruined that too. I just really wish you people would stop asking for a free ride and lets bring back EQ the way it used to be... a challenge.
    So, I ask again, what do those get that finished the tear, because I am so getting sick and tired of you DEVS changing things to easy mode after I've done them.
    Cubegamer likes this.
  16. Abazzagorath Augur

Boo hoo.

You enjoy a challenge? Then you had your challenge. Grats. Other people getting the same thing for less effort doesn't take away your "enjoyment" of the "challenge" unless you didn't really enjoy the challenge and instead had some bizarre sense that it made you better than someone else.

I remember paying hundreds or thousands for various electronic gadgets, that can now be purchased for a few bucks. So what? Should I be throwing a fit over that like you are about this? Seriously, get over it.
    Kelefane likes this.
  17. Axxius Augur

Mindless and pointless waste of time is considered a challenge now? :confused: That item did not even reward you in any tangible way until this latest edition. Tell me the difference between Defense skill 375 and 385? You can't. Because there is none that you can find in parses. You have wasted a tremendous amount of time. While knowing perfectly well that your only reward will be the sense of completion. You got your 'reward'. Be happy.

And those who circumvented task lockouts to achieve it should also be happy that they got away with that.
    Kelefane likes this.
  18. Grummy_NB Augur

if said person is really upset at all the exp and aa they got while leveling their tier.. maybe soe can remove that so you wont feel like you did more than the rest. yes I am kidding, you chose to spend your time AA'ing and stuff doing that leveling; did you not think that is was a tad overdone and not expect some changes later on? It is now an expansion old, so ya time for them to make it more reasonable for people to continue to work on it.
  19. Cubegamer New Member

We all can't sit at home and wait on our gov't checks with a smile on our face. Some of us actually like to work for things. And what's wrong with looking back at something you have and others don't with a sense of accomplishment because you actually put some sweat into your endevours? I know we live in a wellfare society where my opinion is far from the norm. But there are still those of us out there that like to reap what we sow and not complain about what others have or haven't given us.
  20. roth Augur

I think that the sense of proportion has been lost here.

The Stone Tear will STILL take a lot of work to finish. It just won't take the stupendous amount of work it took for those of us who have already finished it, for someone else to finish it.

Cutting the item exp required to max it by almost two-thirds sounds like easy-mode, on paper. But, its still an awful lot of work involved. 66% off of some matchbox is one thing; 66% off of the stone tear is more like 66% off of the 1.2 million dollar very limited edition sports car. Even with 66% off, that is still one very pricey car, and even with 66% off, the Stone Tear is no cakewalk.