Still can't get that login server figured out huh....

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ghostinthemachine, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barton The Mischievous

I think it is more likely that the reason why this is not getting truly "fixed" and only fixed until next time. Is someone above the Dev's, IT guys, etc paygrade, is not willing to let them spend the money to actually Fix the problem. Of course they will never tell us if that is true and who it is because then we could actually take our complaints to that person
    ConsentRevoked likes this.
  2. Hels New Member

Well I for one am VERY surprised their "5 hour maintenance" wasn't back up at 5 hours. They have such a good track record of being on time!
    Bangers and Barton like this.
  3. Iumar Journeyman

"some players"? seriously?
    Tierwyn likes this.
  4. Singe New Member

5. Exaaver Lorekeeper

Second attempt
    kharmelion likes this.
  6. FOGBANK Lorekeeper

Is it just me, or is this getting to be pretty much a weekly thing?
  7. Denlah New Member

......I pay per month for this game......:( ...
    Exaaver likes this.
  8. Exaaver Lorekeeper

ALL MY BOYS IN THE CHAT
  9. Moak The Most High

As popular as the Halasian Battle bear was-(and I still want one)- I'd say make a Rallos Zek ogre style version and put it in the daybreak store and use that to pay for a new login server
  10. badbunz84 Apprentice

Wow, that was not nice...
  11. Beefie New Member

Here's a noble idea for the folks at ; Set the downtime to 2 x what the "estimated downtime" is and maybe come out looking like heroes/ninjas/mightiest dwarves in all Azeroth. OK, so you think it's gonna be 5 hours? Set it to 10 hours, that way, if, in the EXTREEEEEEEEMELY small chance, you do get things done in 5 hours, you'll be worshiped as newer/better tech monkies!
    Tierwyn and Pirlo like this.
  12. Nifty Slacker Augur

Not really sure why they put the patch out at all. One of the devs said that 99.9% of the dev team was working on the expansion. But daybreak knows that every time they patch, they waste an entire day trying to get servers back up. Wouldn't you just skip the patch for a couple months? It's not like the game is in a terrible state. All the patch did was nerf a few classes.
  13. Mudster New Member

I, for one, thank Daybreak for this much needed break in the action. Finally found time to clean the pool and it's filter, mow the lawn, water the plants and trees, and play with the dogs. Don't be afraid to unplug....
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Sadly, 'tis true:

[IMG]
    Tierwyn likes this.
  15. Snack Augur

They missed the 10-hour window.
    kharmelion likes this.
  16. Tierwyn Lorekeeper

don't be afraid to be a responsible adult and get your priorities done before playing the game. if you need 'unscheduled patch downtime' to take care of your life... god help you.
    kharmelion likes this.
  17. Snack Augur

Having worked in enterprise IT for longer than I'd like to remember, it's very clear what's at issue here. Not enough redundancy. Single point of failure. You have a single hamster, on a single wheel. What you need is a RAIH setup. 0+1 would probably work. That way if you "throw a hamster" you should be okay until you can get a new one in there. Nice thing, with today's wheels all the hamsters I've been working with are hot swap.
    kharmelion and Tierwyn like this.
  18. SOLARRICH New Member

I voted yes for flex fuels.
    Tierwyn likes this.
  19. Chopsuey Augur

How is this a reoccurring issue? Oh btw fix flagging for Underfoot and beyond on tlp's.
    Tierwyn likes this.
  20. Kursis Paracelsus Journeyman

Funny.... now I can log in... but all servers locked...

I think its time for a destressing naked gnome marathon from Akannon to Erudin.
    Databyter and kharmelion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.