Still another month til GoD unlocks on phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Creedmonk, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Creedmonk Augur

Does anyone else think that PoP unlock + full duration 3 months of LDoN was brutal?
  2. AgentofChange Augur

I think it's brutal. Wonder how the suffering felt on ragefire & lockjaw. Those poor souls for stuck in Luclin for 6 months. Brutal. Are those guys gonna be stuck in PoP for 6 months than LDoN for 6 months? How does it work over there.
  3. Aegir Augur

On Ragefire, LDoN will automatically unlock 3 months after PoP release.

But yeah six months of the so-called "Golden Era" of EverQuest has been Brutal. I think we talked about it earlier, but LDoN could really use some Devs to look at it. It's Instancing in it's infancy, - it may have had some charm back when it was released, now it's just incredibly crude with a lot left to be desired.
  4. -wycca Augur

It's funny now how nobody but new Agnarr players are asking for 6 month unlocks now. I think alot of us warned you guys how bad it was, and I think we got called all sorts of disparing names and it got labeled some powergamer/uberguild conspiracy or such. =P

Without the tiers in PoP meaning anything (ie they can be mindlessly blown through and no gearing is needed), then PoP essentially becomes a 1-zone expansion, with a couple of sub-zones you may need to do sometimes. It has little in the way of quests or things to do otherwise except some tradeskills.
    Risiko and Silentchaos like this.
  5. Illusory Augur

I think the unlock duration is perfect, it gives everyone the chance to experience in era content in a reasonable amount of time.
  6. taliefer Augur

its brutal. absolutely brutal.

6 months of basically just Potime is overkill. it may be different on agnarr with the mindset that it stops here, but waiting for GoD is just brutal.

LDON does not come close to warranting its own expansion timeline. hopefully they learn for future servers.
  7. Ryak Augur

Brutal is the right word. It's even worse than extra-long-Velious, and that was already bad.

From a "raider" perspective, 6 months of PoP is a nightmare. I'm kind of curious how it is from a non-raider perspective. Because, they don't get anything new until Omens effectively.
  8. Ootax Augur

I've always said 6 month lockouts are a horrible idea. Even 3 months is pushing it. 8 Weeks I think is the best with the exception of a couple expansions where 12 would be more appropriate.
  9. taliefer Augur

i think 3 months is the sweet spot. 2 months of GoD is going to feel rushed imo.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Eh a large amount of its content is just trivialized or made obsolete by QoL changes.

No one messed around with the Binden of Concernetia (PoK gate neck quest) because you can just Origin at level 5.

Because New Tanaan Mastery is flagged Luclin and the autocombine tradeskill feature is in, people can plow through all their tradeskills during Luclin and be Aid Grimel ready once flagged.

The retroactive change to apply the new AA bank limit to be level based rather than the 30-hard cap that it was for the first 15~ expansions, people entered PoP with enough AAs to buy everything important. After the level grind people were done.

Obviously instancing, and pick zones allowed an absurd amount of gear to be farmed by all guilds in Vex Thal and Ssra before PoP.

Having 85/15 gimping with checklist flags, backflags and bypass flags available in PoP, the flagging process is made trivial. To start there was no 85/15, you couldn't just get EP God hails for EP flags and most of the chains were brutal in that you missed one flag, you had to hope you would repeat that boss before the next boss in the chain.

Updated DMG tables, skill caps, spell values, focus effects, out of era AAs, out of era potions all make the group game and raid game exponentially easier. Mana pools calculate to around 30-35% higher than they were back in the day with the same gear, DPS sustain probably 2-2.5x more than they did, Tanks mitigate much better especially once they start picking up Heroics in Time, people are all able to click potions equivalent to KEI mana regen, Supernal Elixir HoT, etc.

Too many people come in thinking of TLPs as classic servers not progression servers where the first 7-8 expansions are merely facerolls because of various changes to the underlying code base that is pushed to all servers.

A classic PoP server with all of these things changed allows the content of the expansion to have the longevity of 6-12 months but... that will never happen.
  11. -wycca Augur

I think it should be 8 weeks if no AA, and 12 weeks if AA. Should apply to initial expansions also.
  12. MaxTheLion Augur

You mean what was offered when Phinigel was announced and so many of us looked forward to? Crazy how we got screwed.
  13. Mrjon3s Augur

I hope someone at daybreak messes up and releases GoD early. LDoN raids are horrible its like pulling teeth to get people to go to LDoN raids. I have friends in a couple raiding guild that they put LDoN before the Time raid just so people show up. 6 months of PoP+LDoN has got to the point that leather EP armor is starting to rot on raids because every main and alt has it. Cloth is going to alts with chain/plate about to start going to everyones alts.
  14. Glowerss Augur

It is actually insane how far off schedule we really are.

Velious and Luclin were 1.5 months extra each, so that's a full expansion behind right there. If went into GoD after 3 months of PoP (as what should have happened), we're another 3 months behind.

Assuming Phinny had stuck to the 3 months per expansion we were promised, we should be at the end of Omens of War going into DoN or something like that at this point. Instead we're still in flippin PoP
  15. Ootax Augur

I just got sick to my stomach after reading this. Why oh why must we be tortured like this? Thankfully once we get to DoN I think there is only a handful of events in all the expansions that would require some additional coding for instances. Load balancing on some but most of the stuff once you get past Omens is already instances even the good xp group stuff I think.
    So maybe we can get back to that 3 month or 8/12 week schedule.
  16. AgentofChange Augur

I doubt they instance anything after GoD, and they will easily maintain the 8 week no level increase, 12 week level increase schedule until live.

Yes I say live, that doesn't mean the server will actually "live". But it will never be like vulak since you don't actually have to beat an expansion to have anything unlock. I wonder who they end up merging the empty server with at that point.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

Liked 6mo expansions back before RF.

Still like em. 3mo of pop, plus 3mo of ldon seems fine to me.

Though, on the LDON side, that aug really needs a reduction in the number of runs to cap it. 366 was annoying but ok when there was a yr+ between expansion releases... 3 months though it should have been 180 or so. oh well...
  18. Ootax Augur

Master Vule in DoDh would need to be instanced a guild can block out the entire server from Demi, there are a couple in SoF and I think UF also. But the load balancing of zones would need to be done in a few Omens expansions, maybe the open version of Ashengate and Frostcript. Other than that I'm not sure there is much else. But the bottom line is the amount of work after GoD because a lot less which should help expansions open on time.
  19. AgentofChange Augur

None of that "has" to be instanced and it won't be instanced. Also they have to do 0 work for load balancing because it already exists.
  20. Risiko Augur

In all honesty, you got called all sorts of disparaging names because... you're you. It just works that way lol ;)